RosW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello-

I'm new to travelling "solo", and making my own bookings.

I particularly wanted to fly from Exeter to Jersey as I live in the south west, with Poole more than four hours away by train, and  also to restore my confidence  in flying by taking a short flight.

However, when I phoned to enquire about booking for the end of September this morning I was informed that there are no flights from Exeter (although there are flights available from other regional airports). I was surprised and very disappointed. With over seven weeks to go, I find it hard  to believe that all the Flights are full. 

Would be grateful for your views on this.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi RosW,

Welcome to the world of travelling solo.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been unable to book your trip with us.

Sadly not all tours and dates are available from all airports. I could see in our system that we originally had Exeter for the 24th September, but not the 30th September. There may be a number of reasons for this, for example; we were unable to secure seats or perhaps the flight times have changed.

As an added complication, we have to return all unsold flight seats back to the airlines a number of weeks before departure. Where possible, when a new traveller wants to book on one of the dates where we have returned seats, we do try to buy them back. Sometimes we are able to do this, and on occasion we are unsuccessful.

I promise, we don't enjoy disappointing travellers and are team of holiday creators (and aviation executives) are always looking at new opportunities that will enable travellers to fly from their local airport.

Kindest regards,

Julia

RosW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi RosW,

Welcome to the world of travelling solo.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been unable to book your trip with us.

Sadly not all tours and dates are available from all airports. I could see in our system that we originally had Exeter for the 24th September, but not the 30th September. There may be a number of reasons for this, for example; we were unable to secure seats or perhaps the flight times have changed.

As an added complication, we have to return all unsold flight seats back to the airlines a number of weeks before departure. Where possible, when a new traveller wants to book on one of the dates where we have returned seats, we do try to buy them back. Sometimes we are able to do this, and on occasion we are unsuccessful.

I promise, we don't enjoy disappointing travellers and are team of holiday creators (and aviation executives) are always looking at new opportunities that will enable travellers to fly from their local airport.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia!

So the learning point for me is book early (sadly, circumstances were against me this time), and be prepared to be a little flexible with dates.......  I was hoping for a holiday with a short flight as I haven't been in an airport or on a plane for more than twenty years!

From what you've said about returning unsold seats I guess it's now too late to book anything with JY with a short(ish) flight into Europe at the very end of September/ early October. 

Thanks again and best wishes

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning RosW,

I am so sorry- I have spoke to the team and they have said that the only date that we can offer is the 24th of September.

Apologies again that I couldn't be of more help.

Kind Regards,

Mildred