Kathleen C
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Flying out of Heathrow with Just You early July. I need a connecting flight from Newcastle to Heathrow, is it advisable to book it myself now or let Just You do it two month's before departure. Not done this before.
lesley07
(Member)
Hi

I regularly fly from Edinburgh to Heathrow or Gatwick to join JY holidays. I book my flight online myself, usually when I book my holiday. You really should book your flght soon otherwise you might find it difficult to get a seat on a plane.

Lesley

magpie10
(Member)
Hi,

I agree with Lesley. I book my Newcastle to Heathrow flights myself as soon as possible, this works out cheaper than booking later on, and also ensures you get a seat on the plane. Just make sure you opt for checked luggage as British Airways now do a cheaper option whereby you can only take hand luggage (no suitcase checked-in). I'd also recommend staying in a hotel before and after your holiday if the flight times of your main tour leave early/arrive back late, especially if they're not with British Airways as you will need to change terminals at Heathrow. I use the Travelodge and get the Hoppa bus to and from the airport, but the Premier Inn is good too.

If you need any more information please let me know ?.

Regards

Caroline

sjm533
(Member)
'magpie10' wrote:

Hi,

I agree with Lesley. I book my Newcastle to Heathrow flights myself as soon as possible, this works out cheaper than booking later on, and also ensures you get a seat on the plane. Just make sure you opt for checked luggage as British Airways now do a cheaper option whereby you can only take hand luggage (no suitcase checked-in). I'd also recommend staying in a hotel before and after your holiday if the flight times of your main tour leave early/arrive back late, especially if they're not with British Airways as you will need to change terminals at Heathrow. I use the Travelodge and get the Hoppa bus to and from the airport, but the Premier Inn is good too.

If you need any more information please let me know ?.

Regards

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

BA have changed a lot of their flights and terminals this year, not only from Gatwick but also from Heathrow.   Domestic flights still go in and out of T5 but many of the short haul now go from T3.

Like you and Lesley I also book internal flights myself.  Often works out a cheaper especially, when I use up my Avios. 

Sylvia