mrsd
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello,

I'm going on the above holiday next month and have booked the excursion to Ljubljana whilst there. As Croatia has its own currency can you advise what currency I will need for this trip please. 

mrsd

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon mrsd,

The currency in Croatia is Kuna which is widely available in the UK.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon mrsd,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi there.  If you are going on the day trip to Lublijana, (which is in Slovenia) you will need to take your passport on  the trip and also they  use Euros there, so perhaps a few Euros for any souvenirs, and some lunch if you want any. 🙂

As Mildred has said Kunas for Croatia are widely available here, but you may find (at least this is my experience9 that you may need to order them a couple of days in advance of your trip. 

Have a great time.  It's a lovely holiday, a good hotel and an excellent TM.  🙂

lesley07
(Member)
Hi

You can use Euros for your day trip to Ljubljana which is in Slovenia!

Lesley

Barb W
(Member)
Hi mrsd

I did the last tour in June, & went on the optional excursion to Ljublijana which was lovely, everything within walking distance. Lunch was included so really you need very few euros, enough for a drink & souvenir maybe. You have picked a great holiday, I did a review, perhaps you can add your thoughts to it when you get back.

Barb

sjm533
(Member)
Hi,

All the info. I have read, and suggested by Simon Calder the Telegraph's holiday guru is to wait until you get to Croatia before you change any currency.  You'll get a very much rate than buying but here first.  Might be worth asking around.  Apparently exchange bureau are numerous.

Sylvia

mrsd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon mrsd,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi there.  If you are going on the day trip to Lublijana, (which is in Slovenia) you will need to take your passport on  the trip and also they  use Euros there, so perhaps a few Euros for any souvenirs, and some lunch if you want any. 🙂

As Mildred has said Kunas for Croatia are widely available here, but you may find (at least this is my experience9 that you may need to order them a couple of days in advance of your trip. 

Have a great time.  It's a lovely holiday, a good hotel and an excellent TM.  :)

Thanks for the advice. I probably didn't make my message very clear as it was the Slovenian currency I was checking on. (Kuna are all sorted thanks to Sainsburys who had some in stock when I went to buy mine). That's handy to know I can use Euros, I didn't want to have to buy s small amount of another currency just for a day trip

mrsd
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Barb W' wrote:

Hi mrsd

I did the last tour in June, & went on the optional excursion to Ljublijana which was lovely, everything within walking distance. Lunch was included so really you need very few euros, enough for a drink & souvenir maybe. You have picked a great holiday, I did a review, perhaps you can add your thoughts to it when you get back.

Barb

Hi Barb, I heard from a friend that Ljubljana is very nice, well worth a visit; I'll try & remember to look at your review when I return. In general I haven't heard of anyone who's been to Croatia who've said they've had a bad holiday.