Dyuti
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just looked at Raffles' website to find some information on afternoon tea. They serve it in Tiffin Room. Unfortunately, it will be closed from 13th this month for a refurbishment and will re-open in 2018. Very disappointed. 

Dyuti

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dyuti,

Did you hear the anguished NOOOOOOOOO when I read that post. Singapore Sling is in the Bar and Billiards Room and they said something about their sister hotel across the road to the Fairmont, Singapore. Just looked at them and no afternoon tea either :s 

The whole idea of Raffles is the Singapore Sling and I guess we are lucky that we are not going later in the year when it is closed till next year ;)

Jan

Dyuti
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Dyuti,

Did you hear the anguished NOOOOOOOOO when I read that post. Singapore Sling is in the Bar and Billiards Room and they said something about their sister hotel across the road to the Fairmont, Singapore. Just looked at them and no afternoon tea either :s 

The whole idea of Raffles is the Singapore Sling and I guess we are lucky that we are not going later in the year when it is closed till next year ;)

Jan

Hello Janib, so long as we get a chance to go to Raffles, I will be happy, even though I don't have alcohol.

Dyuti

AMG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I had afternoon tea in the Fullerton hotel in Singapore and it was amazing so can highly recommend it if you're looking for an alternative!
Dyuti
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AMG' wrote:

I had afternoon tea in the Fullerton hotel in Singapore and it was amazing so can highly recommend it if you're looking for an alternative!

Thanks AMG, is that where you were staying? 

Dyuti

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you AMG for the recommendation of Fullerton Hotel for afternoon tea. Looks amazing. Does not say how much it is. Can you remember?

Jan

AMG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sadly no, it was a bit out of my price range accommodation wise then - and probably still is! Luckily the afternoon tea wasn't though. I've been to lots of nice hotels for tea, including the Ritz, and the Fullerton always stands out as my favourite. If you google it and look at the images you'll get a good sense of what it's like.