saints96
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

On 27th may i was due to fly back from heathrow to manchester after my holiday to canada and the rocky mountaineer. Due to the systems faliures at heathrow that day my flight was cancelled and i had to get the train home from Euston to Liverpool instead which cost me an extra £185.

Ive contacted yourselves who have said i need to claim via BA but BA are saying I need to go through you to recieve a refund on my flight which was cancelled as the flight was booked via a third party and not directly via their site. It states on BAs website that if you booked via a travel agent etc and not directly with them then you need to go back to your agent to either rebook the flight or be refunded by them. https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/delayed-or-cancelled-flights/rebook-and-refund-options 

Its been over 3 weeks since this happened and im getting nowhere with this. Can anybody advise me on what needs to happen here as the information im receiving (which is next to none) is mixed at best.

Thank you

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Saints96,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing some issues in getting all of this resolved - not the end of holiday experience we would have wished for you.

I have spoken to one of my colleagues on our customer care team who has asked if you could possibly email: enquiries@travelsphere.co.uk

If you could include your booking reference number, a quick snapshot of what you have been advised to date, and your contact details, they will look into this for you.

Kindest regards

Julia

saints96
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I have already contacted them via this e-mail address but they are redirecting me back to BA saying its down to them but BA's site is redirecting me back to yourselves which is why im getting nowhere with the query.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Saints96

I have passed this on to a member of our customer service team and they are looking into this.

Apologies for the delay.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello, Mildred

There was something in the Daily Telegraph's Travel Section w/e 17/18 June about getting compensation from BA for the problems caused by the IT failure. Unfortunately I have recycled the paper and don't subscribe to the internet version but I do remember the writer of the article saying that it was up to the person concerned to deal with BA directly, not through a travel agent etc. He/she listed the various amounts payable by hours of delay, having to stay overnight in a hotel etc. Perhaps someone at your end could call the article up and see what it says. Alternatively, I remember several of the Forum members recently saying they had been able to claim from BA for a delay in returning from Sicily. Perhaps Saints96 could do what they did - I think all they had to do was fill in a form online. However Saints96 goes about, though, I'm afraid they will have a long wait when you consider the number of people who were affected and will probably be claiming.

I hope this may be helpful to you/him/her.

Ann