tomairdrie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Question for the Editor:

I am booked on this river cruise holiday for Feb 9 departure. While it is clear that visits to Jerez and Granada must be by road, as Cordoba is situated on the Guadalquivir river on the brochure map, I formed the impression that we would be cruising there on the Belle de Cadix. The brochure and website info simply refers to "our visit to Cordoba". Can you confirm that the visit to Cordoba is by road? If this is the case I think the itinerary should make this clear, as there must be others like me who had not realised that the river cruise stops at Seville.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Tomairdrie,

I apologise for the confusion.

I can confirm that the visit to Cordoba is by road (coach).

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Where and how can I post my questions? I note that other newer members are able to participate so why am I still being excluded?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lila,

I can see that you had an outstanding question in the system with regards to your Tour Manager. Sadly we don't always have the answers at our fingertips and have to speak to other people. I'm sorry it took a bit of time to get there but I can confirm that the Tour manager provisionally allocated to your trip is Jacqueline Saunders. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Julia

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you. When do I cease to be a "new poster" so that I can participate fully?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lila,

You are now a junior member of the community so you now have the same access to the community as our other members. Please note however, that all posts are moderated to ensure that no personal information is posted on to the site.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you. I have received the email and the luggage labels but no ticket. What do I do when I get to the airport please?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lila,

When you arrive at the airport, look out for our airport representative who will be able to help you through check-in (if help is required - some travellers are happy to do this themselves). The rep should have one of our Just You clipboards but if you make sure that you have your luggage labels on your suitcase, they'll be able to keep an eye out for you too. I believe the Tour Manager for this trip is flying out with the group too so that'll be another set of eyes looking for you. Don't forget to look out for other JY luggage labels as they may be your fellow travellers!

Once you have checked in, simply make your way through security. If you don't see any of your travellers before you get through security, you'll run in to them at the gate.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
So I'll just need my passport, no tickets?
Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
I hope I can find the rep at Gatwick. I hope I don't need a ticket. Do we need the numbers beginning ER and EZ?

So many more questions but it seems hopeless to get any answers in time.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Lila,

Apologies for the delayed response.

You need your passport but you don't need a ticket. When you get to the check in desk, just quote your name and the company you are with (Just You) and you will be fine.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you.

Are there really 88 in the group?

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Lila,

You are most welcome.

No there aren't 88 people in the group- There are 19 travellers currently booked.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you. So there must be other groups using the ship at the same time?
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Lila,

Yes there will be other groups on the ship.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lila
  • (Member)
(Member)
It was a bit confusing. I didn't need a ticket but I did need a boarding pass. Apparently most of the others had had a letter telling them to print off their boarding passes. I was so lucky the excellent tour manager (Jackie) sorted it all out for me.