omoorem
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am booked on the March 2017 Spirit of India tour with the Amritsar add on. Can you confirm the baggage allowance on the Jetwing internal flight baggage allowance and hand luggage allowance. I was advised today on the phone that it was the same as Virgin international flights allowance of 23Kg for main luggage and 10kg for hand luggage. Many thanks.
(Member)
Hi omoorem,

Where we are using Virgin for the international and Jet for the internal flight, the max checked luggage is 20kg & and 7kg hand luggage.

Hope you'll find this useful,

Many thanks,

Elisa

magpie10
(Member)
Hi,

I'm on this tour in February, with the add-on, and was under the impression my baggage allowance was 23kg (same as Virgin), plus the Jet Airways website states the following:

The free baggage allowance for standalone journeys within India in Economy is 15 kgs.

For tickets issued in United Kingdom, the free baggage allowance for standalone journeys within India is 2 pieces / 23 kgs each for journeys booked on the below mentioned booking classes

Economy - Y, M, T and U

Première - C, J, Z, I and P

Although I definitely wouldn't run the risk of taking 2 pieces/23 kgs each, 1 piece at 23kg would be better than 20kg. Please could JY clarify the booking class of our tickets for this holiday, or if someone has recently been on this tour, could they confirm the baggage allowance.

Thanks

Caroline

(Member)
Hi Caroline,

We are continually using a mix of Virgin & Jet. Whilst Virgin has a big reputation this does mean passengers are limited by the lowest baggage allowance, being the 15kg basic PLUS 5kg additional which we pay for with Jet internals to bring it to 20kg total. Therefore, 20kg total.

Hope this answers your question,

Kind regards,

Elisa

omoorem
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Elisa. Thanks for your reply. I am still a bit puzzled about the weight baggage allowances. On the Virgin website it states for all flights - checked baggage - 23Kgs and hand baggage 10Kgs. On the Jet airways site it also states that it is 23Kgs for internal flights in India that have been booked in the UK. I wonder where Just You have got the information from ? Many thanks.
omoorem
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Magpie10 (Caroline). Thanks for your comment. I saw this as well on the Jet airways website as well.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

As far as I know Jet Airways allowance is quite generous and I am sure it is 23kg for people travelling from the UK. Perhaps it would be a good idea to call the Airline to confirm.

Jaya

(Member)
Hi All,

Jet Airways website also states the following:

Free Baggage Allowance depends on a variety of factors such as guest type ( Adult / Child / Infant), class of booking, point of sale (country where ticket is purchased), point of origin (place of commencement of journey), booking period, routing and more. Free Baggage Allowance (FBA) displayed on the ticket/ booking will be considered as the FBA applicable for your journey. Guests are requested to kindly refer to their e-ticket / booking, to confirm the applicable free baggage allowance.

Please note further to my conversation with our Holiday Creators, Just You contract with Jet Airways is for a 20kg baggage allowance per passenger, not 23kg.

Kind regards,

Elisa