ksf1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can you tell me if there is a problem with the Office as I have not been able to make contact regarding a question I have on a holiday I have booked? I can't tell from looking at the "Manage my booking" on the website. I have also booked a second holiday a week ago and that is still not displayed in the booking section.

I have been trying to ring the office but the operators are constantly busy even after holding for some time. There is also a recorded announcement  saying the office is closed and giving the opening hours of when they are open such as Sunday last week and they are not. It was the same today, the recorded message says the office is open at 10am but we are still being told it is closed. I sent an email 5 days ago asking my question and I have not had a response. 

Having paid over £6000 for this holiday and due to pay another £2900 in six weeks for the next holiday I am wondering if there are problems. I have even started searching the financial press to see if the company are having problems trading because this is what happens when a company starts getting into difficulties.

It is only a simple question regarding a date on my invoice but after a week of trying to contact the company, I just cannot get any response.

Are you able to help please

Keith

(Member)
Hi Keith,

First of all please accept our apologies for the issues you've experienced in contacting us.

My colleagues in the contact centre are experiencing a higher than expected volume of calls, although I will investigate why the recording message is giving misplaced information with regards to our opening hours.

I will also investigate why you're second holiday isn't appearing in your booking section.

Please rest assure that financially Just You is trading very well and we are not experiencing any difficulties.

Could you please let me have the date you'd like to enquire about on your invoice?

Many thanks,

Elisa

Kezzer46
(Member)
Wow a bit of an over-reaction there. JY are after all ABTA protected - so even if there was a financial issue you would be protected.
ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Elisa.

The date was for the Wild Arctic (Ref: A361553) the flight from Winnipeg to Toronto and is shown as the 20 July (AC272). My understanding is it should be 17th so just checking as this is a flight listing

Its not an over-reaction Kezzer, although admittedly my post did look that way. I know payments are protected through ABTA, my concern is not financial, I have to plan holidays like so many well in advance and having had a holiday pulled before at short notice (with another company) I was concerned as the same holiday prior to my booking had been pulled. I will add that prior to this the company have always been efficient and professional and good value and I will continue to recommend them

Keith

sjm533
(Member)
Hi

Isn't it odd how different people read the same thing and interpret it differently?  I read this as frustration at not  getting an answer.

Sylvia

(Member)
Hi Keith,

Please note on day 8 of your holiday (16th July) you will fly from Churchill to Winnipeg where you will stay for one night before flying to Toronto on day 9 (17th July). In Toronto some of your fellow travellers will carry on their journey to the UK (arriving on day 10) while you and other four companions will stay in Toronto for another 3 nights (till 20th July).

Hope this is all clear, please re-check your documentation and let me know if all it's in order.

Many thanks,

Elisa

ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Elisa,

That is what I assumed, as my paperwork says the Winnipeg to Toronto flight takes place open the 20th rather than the 17th. Thats ok as long as the ticket says 17th then were are good to go

Thank you for your assistance

Keith

ksf1
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sjm533' wrote:

Hi

Isn't it odd how different people read the same thing and interpret it differently?  I read this as frustration at not  getting an answer.

Sylvia

You interpreted accurately there Sylvia, but it gets sorted in the end  :rolleyes: