AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Monty or Julia

having gone ahead and booked both Singapore optionals following on from Borneo shortly, there is some debate regarding the 'Singapore after Dark' excursion at the rather hefty price of £119,  please would it be possible for you to find out a little more about this for us and also have there been many that have booked this so far and is there a minimal number that they need to operate it,  does this rather steep price include a Singapore Sling in the Raffles as otherwise the only additional costs would be for the Rickshaw ride

sorry to put you to such trouble which as always is very much appreciated

best regards

Dave

(Member)
Hi Dave,

Apologies for just getting back to you, I had to check with our agents overseas. Unfortuneately there is no dinner included but you do have a Singapore Sling at Raffles though! Take a look below for a description of the excursion...

This evening join our exploration of the bustling metropolis that is Singapore from a different perspective. Start with a journey through the largest and most vibrant market in Singapore; Bugis Village. Wander along this famous shopping street that’s famous with visitors keeping an eye out for souvenirs, snacks and apparel along the way. Afterwards, hop on board a ‘trishaw’ and relax whilst your driver pedals you to the famous Raffles Hotel, the oldest in Singapore and an icon of the country’s colonial past. Head to the Long Bar for a Singapore Sling - the nation’s namesake cocktail created right in this very bar! Finally, head off to Marina Bay Sands which is home to the Skypark, the very best place to enjoy the city’s scenery after dark. Wrap up your nocturnal city experience this evening with a beautiful water show set against the dazzling Marina Bay harbour.

The excursion will last between 3-4 hours and there will be a moderate amount of walking. It is an unforgettable experience, and certainly one not to be missed whilst in Singapore.

From what I can see on the system there are only two of you who have pre-booked this excursion which happens to be Bob and yourself. May be some of your fellow travellers will book this whilst in Singapore.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Monty,

Many thanks for this information.

Hi Dave,

What a pity dinner isn't included - it does seem very expensive without it!  Perhaps some others will decide to book it when our TM talks to us about it - otherwise it will just be the two of us!  Still it sounds like an enjoyable experience in any case.  I wonder will it run if there are just two booked on it?

Cheers,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Monty much appreciated i didn't expect dinner in that but was concerned regarding having to fork out again for a Singapore Sling as they are not cheap but are a must have whilst you are there, i showed the description of the evening to a couple of girls in work who both shrugged their shoulders saying more not than you do so at least that's some comfort

Hi Bob

i am sure there will be a few more bookings when we get there and from past experience these people will run it no matter how few book it'll be me n' thee in the back of a taxi ho ho, hopefully there'll be a few more

best regards

Dave

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Well the trishaw ride should be fun - I love rickshaws, cyclos, whatever you want to call them - a great way to see part of the city!

Cheers,

Bob

PS If there's just a few of us, we might be able to squeez in a second Singapore Sling in Raffles!!

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob

rickshaws cylcos or trishaws they're all the same thing to me lol i remember last year in Hanoi i kept dropping off, that was a crazy ride like being at the fair ground ho ho

a second Singapore Sling at nearly £20 but who knows

Regards

Dave

ps this time next week - frightening!!!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob and Dave

The cost of Singapore Sling is Singapore $28 - ca £14. I have pre-booked the Gardens by the Bay, but still not sure about Singapore after Dark. It seems a lot of money to me for what is included. As you know, I usually do all the optional excursions, but really not sure about this one. My colleague told me that the hotel opposite (I have forgotten the name) has a lovely terrace on the roof top where you can have a coffee and watch the views of the City by night. I may be proved wrong about this excursion. May still change my mind whilst in Singapore!

Jaya

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

. . .

I am sure there will be a few more bookings when we get there and from past experience these people will run it no matter how few book it'll be me n' thee in  the back of a taxi ho ho, hopefully there'll be a few more

best regards

Dave

Dave

These two tours look very much like ones I looked at when I was in Singapore last year: if so, then there will probably be other, non-JY, tourists who will also (have) book(ed), so you won't be alone and the tours should definitely run.

Jim

AbbaDave
(Member) (Topic Starter)
yes they most likely pair you up with other groups bet thats how they do it there