lw491
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
A couple of early queries re the New Zealand tour, Jan 2017 tour plse.

The Jan 2017 New Zealand tour will be in Rotorua on 26th/27th Jan. 

Could you advise approx. what time the coach will get to he hotel on Day 7, 26 Jan? 

What time I would need to be back for the Hangi meal Concert  on Day 8 27 Jan?

I have people I know who live about an hour away who hope to be able to come and meet me at the hotel and take me to visit their area on either 26th  Day 7  or 27th .Day 8 ( as long as they are well enough at the time). 

Is the Hangi meal for meal eaters only?  (I don't eat meat but eat fish (not shellfish)).

Would you confirm, as requested when I booked,  that final papers and boarding pass will be posted to my home address as printing is a problem.

All at the moment.

Thank you.

(Member)
Hi lw491,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

In terms of the timings for the coach on day 7, you will arrive at Rotorua at 4pm. This is the perfect opportunity for you join in with the optional flight over Mount Tarawere Volcano. If you chose to do this optional excursion, you will be transferred back to the hotel after the flight, but if you decide not to, you will arrive back at the hotel at 5pm.

The Maori concert and Hangi Meal trip pick up times vary between 5.40pm and 6.40pm - I do hope this enables you to meet up with your friends.

We should be able to arrange something for your Hangi meal. If you advise the Tour Manager that you only eat fish, they will make sure something is available for you.

I can confirm that all documents will be sent to you by post and from what I can see on our system, we do not have your email linked up this booking.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

lw491
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Monty,

Many thanks you for your reply, that's really helpful. It will enable me to make firm plans to meet up with friends on 27 Jan and get back in time for the evening meal.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
What a great tour you have booked I did this trip a few years ago. I am a vegetarian and I did not fare to well on this meal from what I remember....it's very hard to pinpoint times, as there are long journeys on this tour so there is not to much free time..if I were you if it's important for you to meet up with friends them you might be best to for go something on the tour.

Its a great tour any questions just ask

Cindy

lw491
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Cinday,

Thank you. Really pleased to know that you found this such a good tour. Have noted your comment about the Hangi meal. Will have a bit more of a substantial lunch with my friends and make sure I have a few nibbles with me for the evening, just in case.

Linda.

richardc
(Member)
I have just received Holiday Information for this tour, including details of optional excursions.

I am a little confused as 'Dart River - Queenstown (£127)' and 'Jet Boat ride - Queenstown (£68)' have the same description word for word except one can be booked prior to departure and the other only on arrival. Similarly ' Mount Tarawera Floatplane - Rotorua (£116)' and Mount Tarawera Helicopter - Rotorua (£208) have precisely the same summary. Doubtless there is a simple explanation, I am sure that you will be able to enlighten me.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Richardc,

I apologise for the error on your holiday information.

I have spoken to the holiday team and requested a new set of paperwork be sent to you.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

PaulineD
(Member)
'richardc' wrote:

I have just received Holiday Information for this tour, including details of optional excursions.

I am a little confused as 'Dart River - Queenstown (£127)' and 'Jet Boat ride - Queenstown (£68)' have the same description word for word except one can be booked prior to departure and the other only on arrival. Similarly ' Mount Tarawera Floatplane - Rotorua (£116)' and Mount Tarawera Helicopter - Rotorua (£208) have precisely the same summary. Doubtless there is a simple explanation, I am sure that you will be able to enlighten me.

Hi Richard,

I too am going on this trip and, like you, have got very confused!!

Look forward to meeting you in January.

Regards

PaulineD

PaulineD
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Richardc,

I have spoken to the holiday team and requested a new set of paperwork be sent to you.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred,

I too am confused.com!!!!!!  Are you sending out new paperwork to everyone or just those who are confused?

Many Thanks

PaulineD

Moderator2
(Member)
'PaulineD' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Richardc,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Hi Mildred,

I too am confused.com!!!!!!  Are you sending out new paperwork to everyone or just those who are confused?

Many Thanks

PaulineD

Hi PaulineD,

Yes I am sending out new paperwork to everyone booked on this trip.

Apologies for the confusion.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

PaulineD
(Member)
Thank you Mildred.  I thought I was having a Senior Moment!!

Regards

PaulineD