dusty676
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have seen a few posts about this trip but different dates and was wondering how many people have booked this tour date.  This will be my first trip with just you, really looking forward to it but also a little apprehensive at the same time!
(Member)
Hi dusty676,

Welcome to Just You and world of single travel!! We are all friendly here and no question is a silly question, so ask away.

In regards to the Canada and New England in the Fall tour, on 25th September, there are 18 travellers booked. Of these, 4 people will be extending their stay with the Boston add-on.

Kindest regards,

Monty

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'dusty676' wrote:

Have seen a few posts about this trip but different dates and was wondering how many people have booked this tour date.  This will be my first trip with just you, really looking forward to it but also a little apprehensive at the same time!

Dusty

You will have a great time, I did the Canada New England and then it was New York Add On...any questions just ask..

Cindy

dusty676
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

Thank you for your replies and I'll try not to bombard you with too many questions. Would love to know what sort of weather and temperatures to expect to give me some idea of what clothing I'll need to get.

Many thanks

Hazel

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hazel,

Both times I have been to New England Boston New York etc have been in sept 2006 and 2014..

Clothing go for layers, so you can layer up or off..I have a 3 in 1 jacket, so it's a fleece and light weight jacket, but together a much warmer jacket.. The weather should be warm but mornings and nights might have a nip in the air. I always travel with pair of gloves and a couple pashmina scarves which come in handy, some coaches have air con and people are never happy so you might be hot or cold, personally I would rather be cool, as to hot makes me feel sick, so I keep a pashmina just to drap around me..

Just go for smart casual clothes no one dress UP!! On a USA tour, makes sure you have comfy shoes there will be walking...

Take hand gel and wet wipes and packet of tissues these all come in handy.

I think we had wifi on the coaches while in the USA but not Canada.

Some hotels will be large and the rooms will vary, I always make a note of my room and where I am, as when you have been in many rooms you can get confused ? I have looked for rooms and realised I am in a different hotel!.

Try and buy nibble or drinks from shops along the way, as you can end up paying much more in service stations just like you do here. As some drives are long.

Cindy

dusty676
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for all the helpful advice and info.  One more thing that I'm wondering about is how much money to take especially as part of the holiday is in Canada and part in America. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.