AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty

a little bird tells me at JY headquarters that as from March 1st we shall be receiving our travel documents via email, is this so and does this also apply with our final documentation for our Borneo tour in May,  and does this mean no more JY luggage labels of which fellow travellers rely on to pick out fellow travellers

I expect this is a sign of the times and a cost cutting measure but what about those who don't have internet or printer access such as the older generation as not everybody does, there is nothing like having that travel wallet with luggage tags etc land on your doormat, could you clarify all this please

many thanks

Dave

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave,

I can confirm that you WILL still be receiving your travel wallet and luggage labels in the post.

We understand that not only being able to spot your fellow travellers at the airport to introduce yourself is important but also part of the holiday experience is the excitement that comes with knowing that as soon as these arrive on your doorstep, your holiday is not far away.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Maddy
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Dave,

I can confirm that you WILL still be receiving your travel wallet and luggage labels in the post.

We understand that not only being able to spot your fellow travellers at the airport to introduce yourself is important but also part of the holiday experience is the excitement that comes with knowing that as soon as these arrive on your doorstep, your holiday is not far away.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thank you for letting us know we'll receive labels in the post, but Dave's question was also about travel documents and how those of us with no access to a printer will manage. Please can you let us know what exactly will be included in the travel wallet and what provision is being made for those unable to print any travel documents which will be required in order to travel.

Venetian
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Dave,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hello, I got the e-mail yesterday confirming about the delivery of documents via e-mail only.  I'm not fussed about meeting fellow travellers at the airport, it would be nice but as far as I am concerned it's not a problem for me. What does concern me is what about the likes of me who has a laptop but no printer and no i-phone or tablet?  Please enlighten me as to how I can obtain hard copies of the documents, call me old-fashioned but I like to take them with me on holiday.  I'm already concerned that I going on a trip next month where the airline you are using is Easyjet.  I will be able to book in online (no other choice with Easyjet) but I understand they will charge you to collect your boarding pass at the airport, and no doubt with Easyjet this will not be cheap.

Thanks.

AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia

as usual I probably didn't take it all in and thanks for the email clarifying it

regards

Dave

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Venetian & Maddy,

If you do not have access to a printer, you can speak to one of our holiday advisors who will be able to arrange for your documentation to be mailed to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
It looks as though I will have to be getting on the phone then.  I had no idea about this.  I haven't received an email regarding it.  Or is that likely to be happening nearer my departure date? 

I don't have a printer, although I can get stuff printed.  I do think that JY are making a mistake here to be honest.  I know from speaking to people on holiday that quite a few have no computer access, i.e. no email address etc.  So I should imagine that Customer Service will be getting quite a few calls!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I think some people like getting e-documents and some like getting hard copies so I am sure Just You will be able to cater for everyone. I get all my bank statements and bills via e-documents as it saves me a lot of shredding and would not mind receiving holiday documents via email as whilst I am working I can always print the documents at work in case my little home printer does not function.

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi folks,

Just to say that I've made a new booking (Burma for next Feb - yippee!!) and received email confirmation, with the usual confirmation invoice and flight details within an hour of booking which I think is excellent service.  I sympathise with those who don't have a printer but for me the new system is great!

Best wishes,

Bob

sjm533
(Member)
Yet another company, organisation or whatever assuming that everyone has access to a computer and a printer.

Three older but very active people I know do not have access, and it would certainly put them off using JY.

So much for an inclusive society.

I would add that personally I have no objection to e-documents, assuming that there is somewhere on my account that I could check to see if they had been sent, and not gone astray.  I am sure we have all had emails that have never arrived, even though we know they were sent.

Rant over.

Sylvia

(Member)
Hi Sylvia,

If any of our customers do not want to use their emails or do not have access to an email account, we will arrange for the to receive all documents through the post and are more than happy to do so.

That's a great idea Sylvia! I have raised it with the team and I hope to keep you updated as to whether we can help you keep a track of your documents.

Kindest regards,

Monty