BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty, believe it or not I'm already thinking about 2017 and I'm wondering what (if any) optional excursions are on offer for the add-on to the Burma tour?

Many thanks,

Bob

(Member)
Hi Bob,

The excursions for 2017 haven't been allocated yet, but in 2016 we are offering a biking tour in Mandalay.

I hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

Your forward planning as always is amazing...

Cindy

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty,

I think you mis-read my question! I know about the cycling trip in Mandalay as it's described in the itinerary - I was asking about the beach add-on! If there are no excursions offered for it, I wouldn't consider it but if there are excursions available it might sway me to do it! If the 2017 ones aren't available yet, that's no problem but it would be useful to know what the story is for the 2016 departures.

Best wishes,

Bob

PS Hi Cindy, I have to plan far ahead to make sure I can take the time off work!!

(Member)
Hi Bob,

Sorry about that. It is all about relaxing on this Ngwe Saung Beach add-on, so there are no optional excursions. If you are interested in doing anything there, your tour manager will be more than happy to help you choose something.

Kindest regards,

Monty

trisho
(Member)
I am doing the first Burma trip with the add on. Researching the resort there, there seems to be incredibly little to do apart from relax. Suggestions for outings are of the walk the length of the beach or hire a boat and go out to adjacent islands and snorkel type. There is mention of an elephant camp a couple of hours away but no mention of how to get there.

Will be happy to report back on my return

SarahS
(Member)
I am interested I this tour for 2016. Is the add-on accompanied by a tour manager?
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Many years ago on the Kenya tour the add on was just that a beach relax, which was lovely, I did research a AIDS childrens orphanage and went there for the day..

Most beach add ons are just that relax and recoperate after a busy tour...

Cindy

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty and Trish,

Many thanks for your posts. That's what I suspected and I'm glad I asked! Beach add-ons with nothing to do would be some people's idea of heaven. Unfortunately with my extremely fair skin, it's not an option for me!

Best wishes,

Bob

(Member)
Hi SarahS,

Yes, the add-on is accompanied by a Tour Manager.

Kindest regards,

Monty