AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty

is it me as I have noticed over the past few days there seems to be very few posts put up, I tend to when I have finished browsing to open the top post so that any new ones the next time I log on come up in Bold but there only recently seems to be barely a hand full if that

regards

Dave

(Member)
Hi Dave,

You're right, it has been extremely quiet on the Community recently. It's definitely nothing to do with you or your account, it has generally been quiet.

Kindest regards,

Monty

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dave

We are all out Christmas shopping..NOT.. Or just awaiting the new brochure, I to have noticed it's been very quiet of late.

Cindy

Toni2909
(Member)
I was thinking the same thing. I can't complain though, as I haven't posted for a while either, but I really enjoy seeing what others have to say and reading about all the holidays others are planning or have reviewed.

Having sorted all my trips out for next year, I'm just sitting back waiting for inspiration for 2017!

Toni

RaeW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes, it has been quiet. Maybe it's the time of year.

I've noticed that several people don't come back to their posts for some time. I asked someone how they enjoyed the Croatian Coastal Explorer holiday that they went on at the end of September but they don't seem to have been on the forum since then. Toni, you left a message too. Do you think that some people don't realise they don't get a prompt when new replies come through?

Cindy, I don't want another brochure as I'm finding it difficult to choose holidays for next year as it is. I flit from one idea to the next as there are so many I'd like to do!

Rae

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Toni2909' wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I can't complain though, as I haven't posted for a while either, but I really enjoy seeing what others have to say and reading about all the holidays others are planning or have reviewed.

Having sorted all my trips out for next year, I'm just sitting back waiting for inspiration for 2017!

Toni

yes I have been day dreaming of 2017.. next year is going to be pretty heavy on studying so I cant justify doing the route 66 heart says yes brains been saying no 😞 or there is a Hollywood one that goes to las vagas with travelsphere... it has been very quiet in forum thought was busy at jy end

Bosuncat
(Member)
I agree with everyone above.

Monty. May I ask if the new brochure coming out in December is planned to be a permanent thing now instead of September? If so I REALLY don't like it! :s

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Toni2909' wrote:

Toni

Toni

As I am not travelling in 2016, the first time I have not got a big tour lined up for 10 years, due to family commitments, I hope to have a nice tour for 2017!!

Where are you hoping for?..I would like some big animals!

Cindy

Kezzer46
(Member)
I only wish work was as quiet:(

At least the lull has enabled me to catch up on all the posts I've not read.

Monty, I also wanted to say what a fantastic job your doing... we really do have you doing everything for us. I am quite amazed at some the questions thrown at you. So Thank you

Kezzer

(Member)
Hi All,

It's great to see so many of you posting again after the quiet period.

Bosuncat -I am so sorry to hear that you like a full September brochure, instead of us highlighting the new tours. I have spoken to a couple of members of my team about our brochures and we have been doing a December brochure for as long as we can remember. We love hearing your comments so this is definitely something we will consider for the future.

Kezzer - Thank you for your lovely comment. It is a pleasure to help you out.

Kindest regards,

Monty

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Monty/Elaine,

I agree with the comments regarding the Sept new tours brochure, I don't think it was a good idea as I had to keep on going from the May brochure to the Sept mini one (and also to the TS brochures which have now been divided in two) in order to compare tours! Two brochures (one JY and one TS) is a much easier option for me! Apart from that my May brochure is almost worn out at this stage!!

Cheers,

Bob

AbbaDave
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
awww Cindy you could always come down to LHR to greet us lot before we fly off to Borneo next may as you live near by be nice to meet you otherwise you could put your name in the hat to be our Tour Manager lol

Dave

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Monty,

I'm another suffering from brochure withdrawal. So far have only booked the new Belize, Guatemala trip for next Feb, which was in the May brochure and I booked when it came out. I like a lot of the new tours which seem to have come out since, and those from the May brochure, but was waiting for the usual comprehensive September full brochure before booking more trips. So now waiting for the December mailing. Think you may be missing some early bookings by doing this. But there may be some other JY reasons for doing this, ?lots more new tours ready to promote in the December brochure (I know you have said that there are some more Burma dates to add - a trip I'm really keen to do).

However, having said all that I will probably be booking the Iceland trip for March in the next couple of weeks - its a trip that everyone seems to like from all the reviews so I've pretty much decided to give it a go.

Katy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

I've noticed that several people don't come back to their posts for some time. I asked someone how they enjoyed the Croatian Coastal Explorer holiday that they went on at the end of September but they don't seem to have been on the forum since then. Toni, you left a message too. Do you think that some people don't realise they don't get a prompt when new replies come through?

Cindy, I don't want another brochure as I'm finding it difficult to choose holidays for next year as it is. I flit from one idea to the next as there are so many I'd like to do!

Rae

Rae

My problem is I have been lucky enough to do all my dream destinations, so I now find it hard to see value for money on others!

Cindy

Toni2909
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

Rae

I'm still convinced they got the date wrong and are not going until next year.

Toni2909
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

'Toni2909' wrote:

Toni

Toni

As I am not travelling in 2016, the first time I have not got a big tour lined up for 10 years, due to family commitments, I hope to have a nice tour for 2017!!

Where are you hoping for?..I would like some big animals!

Cindy

Well, I've got Wild Borneo lined up for next November ........... after that the next long haul (if the budget permits) would probably be Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Big cities do nothing for me - the wilder the better as far as I'm concerned!

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
each time I see a new brochure I change my mind of where to go !
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

awww Cindy you could always come down to LHR to greet us lot before we fly off to Borneo next may as you live near by be nice to meet you otherwise you could put your name in the hat to be our Tour Manager lol

Dave

Dave....

I might just turn up for the meal never say never....last time I met up with a group it was nice, but I must admit I did feel gutted by the end of the evening that I wasn't going on the tour. Tour manager ha ha ha, I couldn't cope with dealing with people and jet lag!!!

Cindy