MLB
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi JY

Is there any chance that your IT Team could have a look at the Community Board and re-configure it so that posts and topics appear in chronological order (most recent first) as they used to on the old style message board, please?

The 'new' layout is very frustrating and confusing. The search function throws up really non specific results, sometimes dating back to 2010 when there are more recent items available. I have found it hard to find things as an 'old hand' so worry that newer joiners are missing out and giving up because they can't see recent conversations at first glance.

As a few people have commented (both here and on tours) Logging in and resetting passwords is also quite a faff!

The Community Forum (pre-Covid, admittedly) used to be very vibrant and busy, with people making friends before tours and choosing trips after advice from others. It doesn't seem half as popular anymore and I wonder if that is down to the layout. Just a thought.

All the best

Mandy

Just You
(Administration)
Hi Mandy, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the Community! We're looking to make some enhancements over the coming months so your comments are really timely and will help us shape our changes.

Regards

Emma 

JY Community

ROSE19999
(Newbie)
I agree with Mandy, it's quite a difficult site to navigate and I've been on here for years! Another thing is that you can click "Watch this topic and receive notificaitons of activity via e-mail?" I tick the box but I NEVER get a notification. Please can that also be addressed.

This forum is definitely not used as often as the old one, maybe a link could be included on booking confirmations and perhaps even on the individual holiday pages. I know people who have booked holidays and not been aware that there is a forum until I've mentioned it. It's such a shame that what could be so useful to the solo ttraveller isn't really working. 

Pleased to hear it's being looked at again.

Rose

Just You
(Administration)
Hi Rose,

Thanks for your feedback, we'll share your comments with the team. These things do take time to fix but we're on the case! We've recently added a link to the Community on the top navigation of the website and we have plans for further improvements.

Regards

Emma

JY Community