SarahS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just wondering as this is a new tour to JY, will the tour managers have had any experience or training in places visited especially Tibet. Will they have training in coping with possible altitude sickness. This is one where I would like to be led by someone who knows their stuff.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi SarahS

Our team always try to allocate a Tour Manager who has experience of a destination and on a number of tours we also have a Local Guide who is familiar with the destination and on tours like this do "know their stuff".

Kindest regards,

Julia

SarahS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you. I notice the June departure date has disappeared. Is it fully booked, or has it been cancelled? Can you tell me how many are booked for the September departure please. Also, are the included dinners taken in the hotels, or, as on the Inspirational China tour in local hotels? And, finally what is the minimum of bookings needed for the September tour to go ahead?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi SarahS,

Please accept my apologises for the delay in posting this - sadly the June date has been cancelled. As not all of the bookings had been updated, I thought I should wait to post about the cancellation on the community until their holiday plans had been sorted out.

In terms of the September departure - there are currently 2 travellers booked - 1 on the main tour only and 1 on the Tibet add-on. In terms of minimum bookings this is a new tour for 2015 so these numbers are being looked at for each individual date. The May date has been cleared to operate and has 12 travellers booked.

In terms of dinners I understand that on Day 4 you will be dining at the hotel - other days will be at local restaurants.

Kindest regards,

Julia

SarahS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you again Julia.

Please ignore my post under "Third time lucky"