Dido123
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, Would you be able to share how many travellers are booked on this please? Age, gender spread and Tour Manager would be great too if possible please.

Thank you

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dido123,

I can indeed share this with you. There are currently 15 of you booked on this trip and the group is made up of 1 man and 14 women with ages from late-30s through to early-80s.

The Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this tour is Philip Jones.

There are still a few weeks to go, so please feel free to give me a nudge in a couple of weeks for an update.

Kindest regards,

Julia

DavidG
(Member)
Hello Dido,

I went on this holiday last year with Philip and had an amazing time. Beautiful scenery and a different evening activity arranged every day. Excursions were generally good, but no snow until end of holiday.

Three tips: 'stock up' on Bled cake - time for dieting in the New Year!

Make sure you try the chocolate drink on the island - a chocolate drink like no other!

If you haven't, pay extra for lake view, worth every penny.

Have a great time.

Dido123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I may well do that.

Thank you for that Julia, :thumbup:

1981Kedi
(Member)
Hi Dido

I was on this holiday last year too. Totally agree with David, and Philip was an excellent tour manager (was rather hoping he might have moved on to taking charge of Italy and Croatia for Christmas and New Year!) Have a great time!

Dido123
(Member) (Topic Starter)
THank you David and Kedi for taking the time to drop a line - it sounds lovely. If you have any other tips or ideas I'd be really glad to hear them.

Thank you again - enjoy your holiday too Kedi. Not long now.

1981Kedi
(Member)
'Dido123' wrote:

THank you David and Kedi for taking the time to drop a line - it sounds lovely. If you have any other tips or ideas I'd be really glad to hear them.

Thank you again - enjoy your holiday too Kedi. Not long now.

There are quite a few reviews on the forum - this may be one link

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-63901.html?highlight=lake+Bled 

Look out for the Honey Shop in the shopping complex near the hotel - free sample liqueurs and neat gifts (pack in hold luggage as honey is classed as liquids)

1981Kedi
(Member)
Also - don't forget your swimming gear and flip flops. The pool is on the top floor with amazing views across the lake. Not many people were using it last Christmas. Towels provided. Changing rooms adjacent to the pool. There is also a small pool bar and if you don't fancy a swim you can admire the view from the bar or from the small rooftop terrace - great for photos.

I hired a towelling bathrobe from the hotel reception - useful for getting to and from the pool, as well as for snuggling up after a shower. The cost last year was 5 euro for the whole holiday.