kittycat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia,

Can you tell me if there are any bookings at the moment for this holiday either on the 1st or 8th September 2015.

Thanks

Val

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Val,

Absolutely.

At the moment there are 2 travellers booked on the 1st September departure and 6 booked on the 8th September departure.

Have a great weekend,

Julia

kittycat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Val,

Absolutely.

At the moment there are 2 travellers booked on the 1st September departure and 6 booked on the 8th September departure.

Have a great weekend,

Julia

Thanks Julia,

This has prompted me to book and get the room I want. Picking up the phone right now.

Kind Regards

Val

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Suer,

If you are flying from London Gatwick we are scheduled to use British Airways on the 09:05 flight. If you are flying from a regional airport, then you may be using another carrier - if you can let me know, I can provide the provisional flight information.

I must stress, that that flights are provisional and subject to change. Flight information would be confirmed in your final documents.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
From Birmingham it is Monarch Sue if that helps. Last year departure time was 6.10am and I think we got back something like 1pm.

Enjoy, if you have booked. :thumbup:

Honeymonster
(Member)
Hi all

I am booked on this trip on the 1st September flying from Birmingham and am planning on staying overnight the night prior to the trip.

If anyone wants to get in contact just ask JY for my email address.

Michelle

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am going on this holiday but the 8th September departing from Gatwick, I am also staying overnight hte night before as its an early start next day. If anyone wants to get in contact just ask JY for my email address and we can correspond privately on here
suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Suer,

If you are flying from London Gatwick we are scheduled to use British Airways on the 09:05 flight. If you are flying from a regional airport, then you may be using another carrier - if you can let me know, I can provide the provisional flight information.

I must stress, that that flights are provisional and subject to change. Flight information would be confirmed in your final documents.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julie for the info, I have all the flight details now.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

From Birmingham it is Monarch Sue if that helps. Last year departure time was 6.10am and I think we got back something like 1pm.

Enjoy, if you have booked. :thumbup:

Bosuncat, yes I did book but for 8th September and I have booked a room with a balcony overlooking the sea, can't wait, just a bit concerned that there are mosquitos which tend to like me

Bosuncat
(Member)
I have the same problem Sue. Plenty of repellent and a good plug in. I forgot mine.

They aren't that bad down by the sea as it can get quite breezy down there. I found them worse in Seville which is when I got bitten I think.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I have the same problem Sue. Plenty of repellent and a good plug in. I forgot mine.

They aren't that bad down by the sea as it can get quite breezy down there. I found them worse in Seville which is when I got bitten I think.

Is it really that bad in September? I have a plug in which I used many years ago, perhaps its time for an upgrade! Definitely a few tubes of repellent won't go amiss I think. Any particular brand that you found good?

Bosuncat
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Is it really that bad in September? I have a plug in which I used many years ago, perhaps its time for an upgrade! Definitely a few tubes of repellent won't go amiss I think. Any particular brand that you found good?

I can't remember the brand for the plug in to be honest. Perhaps someone else can recommend! I know that there were plenty of them round at night but they were no worse than other places that I have been so don't worry!

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

I can't remember the brand for the plug in to be honest. Perhaps someone else can recommend! I know that there were plenty of them round at night but they were no worse than other places that I have been so don't worry!

Thanks for the advice

Bosuncat
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Thanks for the advice

Always happy to help. :thumbup:

I meant to mention about taking some of the waterproof shoes for the beach . It is lovely but there are plenty of shells which can be a bit sharp if you tread on them without footwear. Also it is a little bit shingly near the waters edge if there has been a storm or a lot of wind. It can get a bit windy on that coast. Watch out for jellyfish. 🙂

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Thanks for the advice

I meant to mention about taking some of the waterproof shoes for the beach . It is lovely but there are plenty of shells which can be a bit sharp if you tread on them without footwear. Also it is a little bit shingly near the waters edge if there has been a storm or a lot of wind. It can get a bit windy on that coast. Watch out for jellyfish. :)

Would plastic clogs be ok? I usually tend to swim in the swimming pool as I am not a strong swimmer but might like to sit on the beach at some stage and relax. Not seen jelly fish before, but thanks for letting me know.

As regards weather in September, is it very hot at that time of year? I would assume that as the hotel is on the beach there is quite a breeze coming through.

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
Forgot to ask, do you know if there is a supermarket nearby the hotel as I may want to buy large bottles of water on occasion as I do tend to drink quite a lot during the day? Also did the hotel bedrooms have fridges to keep cold drinks in them?
Bosuncat
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

Thanks for the advice

I meant to mention about taking some of the waterproof shoes for the beach . It is lovely but there are plenty of shells which can be a bit sharp if you tread on them without footwear. Also it is a little bit shingly near the waters edge if there has been a storm or a lot of wind. It can get a bit windy on that coast. Watch out for jellyfish. :)

Would plastic clogs be ok? I usually tend to swim in the swimming pool as I am not a strong swimmer but might like to sit on the beach at some stage and relax. Not seen jelly fish before, but thanks for letting me know.

As regards weather in September, is it very hot at that time of year? I would assume that as the hotel is on the beach there is quite a breeze coming through.

I found it warm. Really nice to sit out and have a drink especially in the evening. It was just Seville that was very humid. When I was at the hotel I was fine as there was always some kind of wind.

Plastic clogs would be fine. I hardly swim at all and because of the wind the sea can be a little rough. I love to paddle though. :P

Do you have access to Facebook because my photos are on there so you can see a jellyfish!

suer
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Here is the link to my photos on Face Book

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152940928266869.1073741856.10432706868&type=1 

Just had a look at your photos on Facebook and the jellyfish, errrr they look awful, will probably stay by the pool to sunbathe. Was it easy to get sun loungers by the pool? I looked at the beaches and they looked deserted in September, it also looks very green too.