MrsK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am planning to book this for next year. However, I have one question: when I was in Malta this summer (with JY), I met a Travelsphere traveller who had been booked on the River Cruise but had it cancelled at the last minute because of works being carried out on water levels (I think she said). Do you know anything about next summer's likely plans? I would not like to book and then be disappointed.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi MrsK,

The reason for the cancellation was due to the project to build and repair Venice flood protection and gates. This project is on-going until November 2015. We do not know until short notice if each date will be affected by these works.

Kindest regards,

Julia

MrsK
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi MrsK,

The reason for the cancellation was due to the project to build and repair Venice flood protection and gates. This project is on-going until November 2015. We do not know until short notice if each date will be affected by these works.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Many thanks, Julia, for your honest reply. I may decide to postpone until 2016 just to be sure, but will give it some thought. Lots of really good holidays in the 2015 brochure so it won't be hard to find something else that appeals!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not a problem MrsK,

If you have any questions about any of our other holidays, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Jilly Windy Miller
(Member)
Hello Julia,

I have booked to go to Venice (not the cruise) in May next year but nothing was mentioned about these ongoing works. Could this possibly affect the land based holiday as well as the cruises?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jilly Windy Miller,

I've just had a chat with the team upstairs and the land based sightseeing tours have not been affected by these works.

The work being carried out may impact tours the tours that cruise the lagoon and/or access to the River Po and customers are notified as soon as we have information as to whether or not this is the case.

Kindest regards,

Julia