Sunnydaz
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Do the coaches have toilets on them? I have a problem with my kidney, so sometimes when I have to go, I need too 😕. I was thinking of doing a Europe trip either a tour or an escape holiday.

Regards

Claire

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Claire,

I understand that most (not necessarily all) coaches will have toilets on board for essential use. For longer journeys, there will be comfort stops en route.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Sunnydaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia,

Thank you for your reply. Fingers crossed the coach I have has a toilet:thumbup:

Regards

Claire

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Claire

If it has make sure you can open the door to it! I had a problem on a recent tour I could not open it and no one else could Either, so emergency comfort stop was required!!!! The door had self locked so needed the driver to sort it out. Would be the ONE and only time I needed it!

Cindy

sjm533
(Member)
'Sunnydaz' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Do the coaches have toilets on them? I have a problem with my kidney, so sometimes when I have to go, I need too 😕. I was thinking of doing a Europe trip either a tour or an escape holiday.

Regards

Claire

I have only done 3 tours with JY and have not had a toilet on any of the coaches. One of these was a 3.5 hr drive, but there was a comfort stop, and the TM did say that if anyone had a problem the driver would try to find somewhere to stop.

Sylvia

Avocet64
(Member)
Some coaches may have toilets but being able to use them is another matter. The only time I have been able to use a coach toilet was when I went to the USA. Think its a case of the drivers not wanting to clean them out or not having the right facilities to do so. On my last holiday the excuse was that the toilet was of Chinese manufacture and they didn't have the compatible cleaning equipment to clean it.

Avocet

Sunnydaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Avocet64' wrote:

Some coaches may have toilets but being able to use them is another matter. The only time I have been able to use a coach toilet was when I went to the USA. Think its a case of the drivers not wanting to clean them out or not having the right facilities to do so. On my last holiday the excuse was that the toilet was of Chinese manufacture and they didn't have the compatible cleaning equipment to clean it.

Avocet

How strange, I would of thought most toilets are pretty much the same when I came to cleaning them. I can understand them not wanting to, but if someone is desparte they should be able to use the loo.

I have only used one so far, that was in Egypt, and came close when I done a Canadian tour, but made it back to hotel in time.

Sunnydaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Claire

If it has make sure you can open the door to it! I had a problem on a recent tour I could not open it and no one else could Either, so emergency comfort stop was required!!!! The door had self locked so needed the driver to sort it out. Would be the ONE and only time I needed it!

Cindy

Cindy that's terrible! Do you think the driver locked it? Never heard of a door locking it self before. I think I would of had an accident, as I would of held on for so long until I couldn't any longer. I will probably have to chat to the TM and tell her my problem, might be a good idea.

Sunnydaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sjm533' wrote:

'Sunnydaz' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Regards

Claire

I have only done 3 tours with JY and have not had a toilet on any of the coaches. One of these was a 3.5 hr drive, but there was a comfort stop, and the TM did say that if anyone had a problem the driver would try to find somewhere to stop.

Sylvia

I couldn't go 3.5 with one stop, but when I went to America I seemed OK. Perhaps we stopped more. Fingers crossed I don't have any problem

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sunnydaz' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Claire

Cindy

Cindy that's terrible! Do you think the driver locked it? Never heard of a door locking it self before. I think I would of had an accident, as I would of held on for so long until I couldn't any longer. I will probably have to chat to the TM and tell her my problem, might be a good idea.

The driver said it had happened before, he had a key to over ride it, I have learnt my lesson now and I will check each morning when I get on the coach, that I can open the toilet door. I made a joke of it amongst the others. I do know that these toilets on board should only be used if really needed as there are comfort stops along the way, but if you HAVE to go then you need to use them.. I wish you well. And to be safe make sure you can open the door each time you get on..

Cindy

Sunnydaz
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Cindy,

If the doors do lock themselves, let's hope it doesn't happen when someone is inside. Good tip on checking the door first, thank you.

I agree too that if you really need to go you should be able to use the loo. They should all have toilets on board now days anyway, there are a lot of people with bladder problems. What happens if your stuck in traffic or break down!

Thanks again