Worldtraveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just returned from a fabulous trip to China and Yangtze River cruise from Manchester. Everything was brilliant and our tour guide Susan Hussain and all the local guides were great.

Just one thing the new JY luggage labels and clip boards are difficult to see in crowds as they are grey with JY in green. Non of us could spot them at airports. We noticed some of the guides in China had green clip boards with JY on which were much clearer It was always easy with the turquoise labels before. Could you speak to the design team as maybe they could be changed. I know a lot of money goes into this but unfortunately it just doesn't work in practice.

I am busy now looking for my next holiday in the new brochure. Tricia

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Worldtraveller' wrote:

I have just returned from a fabulous trip to China and Yangtze River cruise from Manchester. Everything was brilliant and our tour guide Susan Hussain and all the local guides were great.

Just one thing the new JY luggage labels and clip boards are difficult to see in crowds as they are grey with JY in green. Non of us could spot them at airports. We noticed some of the guides in China had green clip boards with JY on which were much clearer It was always easy with the turquoise labels before. Could you speak to the design team as maybe they could be changed. I know a lot of money goes into this but unfortunately it just doesn't work in practice.

Glad you enjoyed the tour, Tricia - and thank you for the feedback regarding the luggage labels and clipboards, I have passed your comments on to my colleagues in the Marketing Team.

Thanks,

Tim

sjm533
(Member)
'Worldtraveller' wrote:

Hi Tricia,

You are right - the others were much easier to spot - OK for those with excellent eyesight, but if it is going a bit they are hard to see.

Sylvia

Bosuncat
(Member)
I am inclined to agree to be honest
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
ME To they dont stand out at all....

Cindy

BettyBoo
(Member)
'nixon' wrote:

ME To they dont stand out at all....

Cindy

Perhaps all tour managers should be supplied with a bright green jacket to wear so that they can stand out in a crowd!

BB

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi folks,

On the China tour our TM had the new logo on a piece of card which was laminated and it stood out quite well - as did some of the local guides. Some of the guides had JY flags which I'd never seen before and they were great, especially in the busy sites. They were in the old-style colours of turquoise and white so must have been issued some time ago but they came in very handy!

Cheers,

Bob