Timaru
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia,

Please can you advise of the numbers for the Tuscany trip departing on 11 September. I note that it is no longer showing as available, so get the impression that it is fully booked.

Many thanks

Sharon

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon,

Your instincts are correct in part...The 11 September departure is provisionally fully booked. There are 31 of you confirmed to travel with 4 travellers provisionally booked. There are 2 men and the rest of the group is women. and ages vary from early-40s to early-80s.

I hope you have a great trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Timaru
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia,

Thank you for the information and your kind wishes.

Please can you advise how many travellers are flying from Manchester and who our tour manager will be.

Many thanks

Sharon

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Sharon,

Of course I can, 8 travellers are listed as travelling from Manchester, this may or may not change depending on the four that have provisionally booked. So worth making sure you use your Just You luggage tags so that your fellow travellers will be able to spot you.

Your Tour Manager is listed as Jonathan Clarke. He is a firm favourite with our Just You travellers (you may have seen some of the comments about him here on the community) - so you'll be in very safe hands.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I think Jonathan is the prime manager for this tour, his name always crops up and he was the manager to when I went a few years ago, you will have fun with him and he does or did like to have a quiz evening. Any other questions about this tour just ask, is a great tour not to hectic but great things to see.

Cindy

Timaru
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Julia for the additional information; it is much appreciated.

Cindy, thank you for your insight too! It is my first solo holiday, so I have a touch of nerves as well as looking forward to it but everyone's comments on here are reassuring.

Many thanks

Sharon

Bosuncat
(Member)
Jonathan was our TM when I went to Tuscany last year. He is a really nice guy, very knowledgeable and easy to get on with. I think he is the kind of guy who stands back a bit and lets you get on with it but is there when you need him. I couldn't cope with his quiz though.

I really liked the hotel, the owners and staff are so lovely. Yes it is a bit basic in parts, but spotlessly clean and there is everything in the room that you need. I was quite comfortable, and felt very much at home. It is a small hotel and JY nearly take it over when the tour is full I think.

The restaurant is separate from the hotel and across the front on the beach, more or less. Lovely friendly restaurant staff and they do produce good food. I found plenty of things to keep me full. :thumbup: They even got apple juice for me because I have a problem with citrus. The only thing I wasn't keen on was having to sit at the same place for evening meal as for breakfast but that is because the main course is ordered in the morning. They produced for us a really nice special meal for the last evening and there was a disco afterwards. Drinks measures at the bar are " cough" large, and prices are pretty good.

I think the tour is really good for a taster of Tuscany and does represent good value for money. I did do one optional tour, the one to Elba, and loved the ferry ride across.

I hope you enjoy and get better weather than we did!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

Jonathan was our TM when I went to Tuscany last year. He is a really nice guy, very knowledgeable and easy to get on with. I think he is the kind of guy who stands back a bit and lets you get on with it but is there when you need him. I couldn't cope with his quiz though.

I really liked the hotel, the owners and staff are so lovely. Yes it is a bit basic in parts, but spotlessly clean and there is everything in the room that you need. I was quite comfortable, and felt very much at home. It is a small hotel and JY nearly take it over when the tour is full I think.

The restaurant is separate from the hotel and across the front on the beach, more or less. Lovely friendly restaurant staff and they do produce good food. I found plenty of things to keep me full. :thumbup: They even got apple juice for me because I have a problem with citrus. The only thing I wasn't keen on was having to sit at the same place for evening meal as for breakfast but that is because the main course is ordered in the morning. They produced for us a really nice special meal for the last evening and there was a disco afterwards. Drinks measures at the bar are " cough" large, and prices are pretty good.

I think the tour is really good for a taster of Tuscany and does represent good value for money. I did do one optional tour, the one to Elba, and loved the ferry ride across.

I hope you enjoy and get better weather than we did!

I agree with all what has been said in this posting...

I didn't do the Elba tour (not a lover of water).. So I spent the day exploring local town and lazing on the sun roof, my weather was scorching, if a little to hot!!...not sure if it's changed now but the owners liked you to run a bar bill up and pay at the end for drinks and snacks..this was fine by me, and yes cough cough the measures are rather LARGE!! Very much appreciated...lady in room next to me had a team of tea delivered every morning as there are no tea/coffee making facility's, unless that's changed now. the last night meal is lovely, I am a vegetarian and I did OK with the food.

Cindy

Timaru
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you both for sharing your experiences.

I have booked both the Elba and Lucca tours to make the most of the time there. I am sorry to hear that you had bad weather Bosuncat, I'm hoping the weather won't be TOO hot like Cindy experienced. I'll be packing my Factor 50 as I'm very fair skinned.

Please can I ask you about the ease of changing 50 Euro notes; I got my currency when the exchange rates were most favourable and have some 50 Euro notes. I am thinking the hotel will accept them for the bar bill but how flexible are shops?

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I don't think the €50 will be to much of a problem, I am sure the hotel would be able to break a few down for you,

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
I changed a 50 Euro in the resort okay and the hotel is always amenable! :thumbup:
DouglasL
(Member)
'Timaru' wrote:

Thank you both for sharing your experiences.

I have booked both the Elba and Lucca tours to make the most of the time there. I am sorry to hear that you had bad weather Bosuncat, I'm hoping the weather won't be TOO hot like Cindy experienced. I'll be packing my Factor 50 as I'm very fair skinned.

Please can I ask you about the ease of changing 50 Euro notes; I got my currency when the exchange rates were most favourable and have some 50 Euro notes. I am thinking the hotel will accept them for the bar bill but how flexible are shops?

Hi, Timaru

I would agree with what has been said before. Jonathan Clarke is a superb Tour Manager.

I would also highly recommend both the optional excursions to Lucca and the Island of Elba.

I have given you the url below to my review of the tour last September.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-58227.html 

Enjoy Tuscany.

Douglas.

:D

JeanK62
(Member)
Thank you for all the input re Tuscany. I'm also going 11 Sept, flying from Manchester and I've booked both optional tours on the basis that whilst I'm there, I might as well see as much as I can! No one has said anything bad about either tour, so hoping all will be well.

Jean

Timaru
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you everyone for your input on this, it's much appreciated.

Jean, I look forward to meeting you in a fortnight 🙂

Sharon

Timaru
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JeanK' wrote:

Thank you for all the input re Tuscany. I'm also going 11 Sept, flying from Manchester and I've booked both optional tours on the basis that whilst I'm there, I might as well see as much as I can! No one has said anything bad about either tour, so hoping all will be well.

Jean

Hello Jean,

I wondered if you would like to arrange to meet at the airport for coffee/bite to eat prior to our flight.

I am staying overnight at a hotel in the Manchester area on the Wednesday night due to the early flight. I've never flown from Manchester before.

I would be happy for Julia to give you my e-mail address.

Kind regards

Sharon

JeanK62
(Member)
'Timaru' wrote:

Thank you everyone for your input on this, it's much appreciated.

Jean, I look forward to meeting you in a fortnight :-)

Sharon

You too! It's come round fairly quickly! Assume temperatures will be mid 20s. Is that correct she asks hopefully?

Jean

Timaru
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Jean,

I've read that the average temperatures for mid-September are mid-20s and the forecast seems to be heading that way, although there have been several days with 30/31 this last week! I hope it will be a little cooler than that!

Sharon

JeanK62
(Member)
Hello Jean,

I wondered if you would like to arrange to meet at the airport for coffee/bite to eat prior to our flight.

I am staying overnight at a hotel in the Manchester area on the Wednesday night due to the early flight. I've never flown from Manchester before.

I would be happy for Julia to give you my e-mail address.

Kind regards

Sharon

Hi Sharon, yes that would be good. I'm happy for Julia to pass on my email address to you too. How does that work? I'm staying with family nearby so hoping for a lift to the airport! I was thinking of checking in about 6. I like to be early!!

Jean