AnnF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Good morning, Julia

I've just opened up the Community pages for the first time since Friday and find that all the details on the index pages are underlined, as are the names of the posters at the top of their posts, although the messages themselves are all right. Is it just on my computer or have you had similar queries today? I know my email site was playing up yesterday but... !

Ann

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann,

Yours is the first query about this - but it is something I have experienced in the past. I can't remember if it was a caching issue or a load-time issue - but it's nothing to worry about and if you come back to it later it should display as normal.

Kindest regards,

Julia

daveJB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann / Julia

All the details on index pages on my computer are underlined as well, but the underline

disappears after I have read a page so that know which ones I have seen.

Dave.

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'daveJB' wrote:

Hi Ann / Julia

All the details on index pages on my computer are underlined as well, but the underline

disappears after I have read a page so that know which ones I have seen.

Dave.

Hi

I am beginning to think all computers act differently. On mine threads have always been underlined and in bold. When I have read them they are still underlined, but normal typeface.

Each to his own.

Sylvia

AnnF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Until now the JY threads have always been in bold but NOT underlined, turning to normal typeface once I've read them. It's only this week that the underlining has appeared - and it still hasn't gone away. Now the headings behave the same way as on Sylvia's computer. It seems I'll just have to get used to it but I have no idea why it happened in the first place!

Ann

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Ann,

I had this problem , like you last year. I also asked the same question as you have and no idea how it happened in the first place.

Seemed to go on for a few weeks.

Unfortunately I cannot give you any idea how it corrected itself but it did. The only thing I can think of is that rebooting the computer from start a couple of time corrected the problem, again still no idea if this did the trick or not!

Hope your PC will adjust itself for you

Eric.

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi again Ann,

Just searched the community board and under thread "Highlighted words/phases" last July had posted this thread about the problem with words being higlighted in Bold and underlined.

Julia could not see them on the threads I mentioned and everyone else was of similar mind, so could not help me and put it down to my PC.

Like I said before the highlighting and underlining went away, could have been a few weeks or the rebooting like I said before.

Lets hope your PC returns to normal soon

Eric

AnnF
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks for this, Eric. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one it has happened to! I'll just have to be patient.

Ann