Debbie Workman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am going on the Golden West tour in May & i can not make up my mind between 2 Grand Canyon tours.Has anyone been on Grand Voyager the 3in1 & if so does the helicopter only take you to the boat & back or does it fly over the canyon as well? The other one is the grand canyon connoisseur that flies over the canyon for about an hour & then takes a bus tour of the national park. Does the bus take you all over the park? Thank you Debbie.
PaulineD
(Member)
'Debbie wrote:

I am going on the Golden West tour in May & i can not make up my mind between 2 Grand Canyon tours.Has anyone been on Grand Voyager the 3in1 & if so does the helicopter only take you to the boat & back or does it fly over the canyon as well? The other one is the grand canyon connoisseur that flies over the canyon for about an hour & then takes a bus tour of the national park. Does the bus take you all over the park? Thank you Debbie.

Hi Debbie,

I too am going on the Golden West tour in May. It's great to meet a fellow traveller. Is this your first Just You holiday? This will be my 3rd.

I'm glad you have the asked the questions that i have been thinking about. Hope we can be in touch again before we go.

PaulineD

CarolineTaylor
(Member)
Hello Pauline

how are you, it's Caroline from our China trip last May. I have booked one of the new tours Pearls of IndoChina. I'm going in April. I hope you enjoy America, and that you are well. I'm doing the same tour as Brigitte from our China tour. speak soon

love Caroline

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debbie

You will LOVE this trip! Very busy but an amazing experience. I did it a couple of years ago and did the Grand Canyon 3-in1. The helicopter only takes you to the boat but the boat is right at the bottom of the canyon, so you have an incredible descent - I got some really super photos on the way down. The boat trip is only around 30 minutes but after you've done it and they take you back to the top - again in the helicopter, you'll be driven to either Eagle Point or Gueno Point and given a packed lunch and plenty of time to enjoy the incredible views at the top. For ariel shots, there's the plane ride to and from Vegas to the Canyon but bear in mind that you set off at about 4am so it will be dark for most of the outward journey.

If you have any other questions about this or the rest of the trip, happy to help.

Have a super time

Mandy

PaulineD
(Member)
'CarolineTaylor' wrote:

Hello Pauline

how are you, it's Caroline from our China trip last May. I have booked one of the new tours Pearls of IndoChina. I'm going in April. I hope you enjoy America, and that you are well. I'm doing the same tour as Brigitte from our China tour. speak soon

love Caroline

Hi Caroline,

it's good to hear from you. i am sorry you aren't joining me on the America trip but plesaed you have booked another holiday and, who knows, we may meet up again sometime. Hope you have a good time.

Pauline

Debbie Workman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Debbie

You will LOVE this trip! Very busy but an amazing experience. I did it a couple of years ago and did the Grand Canyon 3-in1. The helicopter only takes you to the boat but the boat is right at the bottom of the canyon, so you have an incredible descent - I got some really super photos on the way down. The boat trip is only around 30 minutes but after you've done it and they take you back to the top - again in the helicopter, you'll be driven to either Eagle Point or Gueno Point and given a packed lunch and plenty of time to enjoy the incredible views at the top. For ariel shots, there's the plane ride to and from Vegas to the Canyon but bear in mind that you set off at about 4am so it will be dark for most of the outward journey.

If you have any other questions about this or the rest of the trip, happy to help.

Have a super time

Mandy

Thank you for answer

Debbie Workman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PaulineD' wrote:

'Debbie wrote:

Hi Debbie,

I too am going on the Golden West tour in May. It's great to meet a fellow traveller. Is this your first Just You holiday? This will be my 3rd.

I'm glad you have the asked the questions that i have been thinking about. Hope we can be in touch again before we go.

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

This will be my 2nd just you trip. I went with solos last time.

Did you read Mandys reply? Its sounds good but you do not get to fly over the whole canyon. My e-mail address is

************************. Lets keep in touch before we go.

*This post has been edited to remove personal information. Pauline, please can you let me know if you are happy to received Debbie's email address and I will pass this on to you.

PaulineD
(Member)
Hi Mandy,

Thanks for the information. I will definitely be booking the 3 in 1 trip.

PaulineD

Debbie Workman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pauline

After looking on the internet at both the west & south rim of the canyon i have booked the grand canyon connoissuer. I have always wanted to see the grand canyon that is in the movies so this one is perfect for me with the helicopter ride over the grand canyon & then a tour of the south rim. The 3in1 does not show you that. You will have to tell about it when you get back to the hotel. Debbie.

Debbie Workman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Mandy,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

After looking at the west & south rim of the grand canyon on the internet i have booked the grand canyon connoissuer. I have always wanted to see the grand canyon that is in the movies so this one is perfect for me with the helicopter ride over the canyon & then a tour of the south rim. The 3in1 does not show you that. You will have to tell me about it when you get back to the hotel. Debbie.

PaulineD
(Member)
'Debbie wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

'Debbie wrote:

Hi Debbie,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

This will be my 2nd just you trip. I went with solos last time.

Did you read Mandys reply? Its sounds good but you do not get to fly over the whole canyon. My e-mail address is

************************. Lets keep in touch before we go.

*This post has been edited to remove personal information. Pauline, please can you let me know if you are happy to received Debbie's email address and I will pass this on to you.

Hi,

yes I am happy to receive Debbie's email address. It will be good to touch base with someone before we go!!

PaulineD

PaulineD
(Member)
'Debbie wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Mandy,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

After looking at the west & south rim of the grand canyon on the internet i have booked the grand canyon connoissuer. I have always wanted to see the grand canyon that is in the movies so this one is perfect for me with the helicopter ride over the canyon & then a tour of the south rim. The 3in1 does not show you that. You will have to tell me about it when you get back to the hotel. Debbie.

Hi Debbie,

I will study the itinary when it arrives but, by the sounds of it, you have researched it and I will probably do the connoisseur trip too.

I am based in Hertfordshire which part of the country do you reside in?

I have okayed it for Just You to send me your email address, so perhaps we can have a 'chat' soon. It is nice to know where people are coming from and how they are getting to the airport.

PaulineD

Debbie Workman
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PaulineD' wrote:

'Debbie wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Mandy,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

Hi Debbie,

I will study the itinary when it arrives but, by the sounds of it, you have researched it and I will probably do the connoisseur trip too.

I have okayed it for Just You to send me your email address, so perhaps we can have a 'chat' soon. It is nice to know where people are coming from and how they are getting to the airport.

PaulineD

I am from Birmingham. I hope you do the connoissuer trip but the 3in1 sounds good too. Its a shame they do not put them together. I would of liked a boat ride down the colorado river. Send me an e-email when you get my address. Debbie.

PaulineD
(Member)
'Debbie wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

'Debbie wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Mandy,

PaulineD

Hi Pauline

Hi Debbie,

PaulineD

I am from Birmingham. I hope you do the connoissuer trip but the 3in1 sounds good too. Its a shame they do not put them together. I would of liked a boat ride down the colorado river. Send me an e-email when you get my address. Debbie.

Hi Debbie,

I am very much thinking I will be doing the connoisseur trip too, will confim when I receive my final itinary.

Julia has forwarded me your personal email and I will be in touch with you over the weekend.

PaulineD

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Debbie and Pauline

I hope you both have a fantastic trip - happy to help if you have any other questions. Just a tip - it is surprisingly windy and cold in San Francisco so you may want to take a chunky fleece - especially if you are planning to do the boat trip around the bay or visit Alcatraz (both highly recommended, as is the Palm Springs Ariel Tramway excursion). Monterrey can also be chilly but once you head inland you'll need t-shirts and sunblock!

Re the Grand Canyon - the boat trip is quite short - probably only a third of a mile and its a round trip. One of the other options offered a chance to go on the Grand Canyon Sky Walk - I didn't do it but those who did commented that they weren't allowed to take their own cameras onto the walkway so it was a case of buying 'official' pictures in the gift shop or nothing. I would certainly recommend the helicopter ride though - especially if you are lucky enough to arrive just as the sun comes up and illuminates the canyon in the colours that you see in books.

Enjoy!

Mandy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just to clarify what Mandy says I think the glass walkway is a waste of money, its correct you cant take your own camera but they have an official photographer that will charge over the odds.

You can get just as good views from the canyon edge in my opinion.

Mick

PaulineD
(Member)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Debbie and Pauline

I hope you both have a fantastic trip - happy to help if you have any other questions. Just a tip - it is surprisingly windy and cold in San Francisco so you may want to take a chunky fleece - especially if you are planning to do the boat trip around the bay or visit Alcatraz (both highly recommended, as is the Palm Springs Ariel Tramway excursion). Monterrey can also be chilly but once you head inland you'll need t-shirts and sunblock!

Re the Grand Canyon - the boat trip is quite short - probably only a third of a mile and its a round trip. One of the other options offered a chance to go on the Grand Canyon Sky Walk - I didn't do it but those who did commented that they weren't allowed to take their own cameras onto the walkway so it was a case of buying 'official' pictures in the gift shop or nothing. I would certainly recommend the helicopter ride though - especially if you are lucky enough to arrive just as the sun comes up and illuminates the canyon in the colours that you see in books.

Enjoy!

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Many thanks for the tips, it is good to hear of peoples experiences and the difference in temperature is very helpful.

It's a shame you aren't joining us as, at the time of writing this post, there seems to be only Debbie and I that are using the forum who are going on the trip although we still have a way to go yet.

Many Thanks,

PaulineD

Rosie9
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I did this trip in April last year, had a fantastic time, I was warned about San Francisco being cooler and windy, Surprisingly the weather was lovely and warm, just an occasional cool wind, I took a thin fleece which I only wore on the boat across to Alcatraz. So Layers is the best option, After leaving San Francisco the weather was Beautiful,

PaulineD
(Member)
'Rosie9' wrote:

Hi,

I did this trip in April last year, had a fantastic time, I was warned about San Francisco being cooler and windy, Surprisingly the weather was lovely and warm, just an occasional cool wind, I took a thin fleece which I only wore on the boat across to Alcatraz. So Layers is the best option, After leaving San Francisco the weather was Beautiful,

It's getting better with every post!!

PaulineD