Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia. Hope you are well. :)

Just curious as I am a fairly new user of JY on whether the company has ever done holidays to one of the Greek Islands?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

I am thank you, I hope you are too and looking forward to the weekend?

I understand that we have operated Just You holidays to the Greek Islands in the past. A little bit of "top secret" information.... If this is a destination of interest to you, you might want to keep an eye out for your new Just You brochure in September.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sounds good, I hope Santorini is included!

Getting excited regarding the immanent arrival of the new brochure....

Have a good weekend,

Cheers,

Bob

Puer aeternus
(Member)
Julia,

that's great news! reminds me of my younger days,.....catching a flight to Athens then kipping overnight at my sisters place in Piraeus, then walking down to the ferries and deciding on the day where to go.... halcyon days :cool:

Havent been back to the Islands for donkeys years so it will be interesting to see what's been chosen. Roll on the new magazine!

Nelson
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ooh ! looking forward to the September brochure.

I would be interested in the Greek Islands

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia. Looks as though this has got a few people interested!

I've long fancied one of the Greek Islands, either Corfu, Crete or Santorini but the friend I used to go on holiday with would never go for it. Then I was concerned about going there on my own.

I await September with interest.

SusieB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Re. Greek Islands

Looking forward to the new brochure even more now. A Greek island (doesn't really matter which one) would be a great choice for a JY holiday. Can taste the Greek salad and ouzo already! :rolleyes:

Sue

JY Will
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I've long fancied one of the Greek Islands, either Corfu, Crete or Santorini but the friend I used to go on holiday with would never go for it. Then I was concerned about going there on my own.

why make do with one island when you can have two!?

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'JY wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

one make do with one island when you can have two!?

Definately looking forward to some good Greek Islands (away from the English Breakfast resorts!!! :s) have a lot of knowledge of them.

Here's a thought Will, not just for Greek Island Hopping, but for other short haul or home based breaks, is it feasible for mix and match type holidays, where say JY book the accommodation/trips etc, but we could arrange our own travel to/from the resort?

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I meant to reply to JY Will's reply to me last night but my internet went down. :@

So I am guessing Crete will be one of the islands because I see Travelsphere already have a hotel there and it reads like a really nice one.

I personally would love to see Santorini, but am guessing it is more likely to be Corfu!

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
I would definitely want to do this tour if Santorini was included!

Bob

JY Will
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I meant to reply to JY Will's reply to me last night but my internet went down. :@

So I am guessing Crete will be one of the islands because I see Travelsphere already have a hotel there and it reads like a really nice one.

I personally would love to see Santorini, but am guessing it is more likely to be Corfu!

I'll give you some more clues.

Crete - No

Corfu - No

Santorini - yes

JY Will
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

'JY wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

one make do with one island when you can have two!?

Definately looking forward to some good Greek Islands (away from the English Breakfast resorts!!! :s) have a lot of knowledge of them.

Here's a thought Will, not just for Greek Island Hopping, but for other short haul or home based breaks, is it feasible for mix and match type holidays, where say JY book the accommodation/trips etc, but we could arrange our own travel to/from the resort?

Hi Eternal Boy,

it's an interesting idea... just trying to get my brain around the logistics. Are you suggesting that we send groups or individuals? and we just book some hotels and the main flights?

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JY wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

I'll give you some more clues.

Crete - No

Corfu - No

Santorini - yes

INTERESTING!!

Don't know of any big holiday companies that do Santorini!

:)

Puer aeternus
(Member)
'JY wrote:

'Puer wrote:

'JY wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

ne make do with one island when you can have two!?

Hi Eternal Boy,

it's an interesting idea... just trying to get my brain around the logistics. Are you suggesting that we send groups or individuals? and we just book some hotels and the main flights?

Will, Will, Will........... you've given away the translation of my moniker! :s now I'm going to have to create a new one, lol.

It was just a fleeting thought, I was thinking of hotels being booked by JY, with flights optional, it could be for groups or individuals whichever is logistically and commercially beneficial for JY. If its possible, it might attract more independant travellers and a slightly younger demographic. I susspose it depends on whether you would attract people who like the idea of arranging their own (possiblely cheaper ) travel, but still like the thought of having the security of accomodation arranged and a like group of singles to meet up with. I used to do a lot of backpacking when I was younger, and its the elements of that type of travel I was thinking of.

stu151
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will

In effect what is being suggested is "land only" prices, where the client makes their own way to the location, and JY refund the full flight cost.

I feel this increases the flexibility around the holiday, and as mentioned above would attract new customers, who don't want a "one size fits all" package. It would for example, encourage me, to use JY more.

Many other holiday companies offer this option, and JY did in the past, but stopped doing this 18 months or so, ago, for reasons I don't understand.

Can you reconsider this decision, and bring back "land only prices please.

Stuart

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

'JY wrote:

'Puer wrote:

'JY wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

ne make do with one island when you can have two!?

Hi Eternal Boy,

Will, Will, Will........... you've given away the translation of my moniker! :s now I'm going to have to create a new one, lol.

It was just a fleeting thought, I was thinking of hotels being booked by JY, with flights optional, it could be for groups or individuals whichever is logistically and commercially beneficial for JY. If its possible, it might attract more independant travellers and a slightly younger demographic. I susspose it depends on whether you would attract people who like the idea of arranging their own (possiblely cheaper ) travel, but still like the thought of having the security of accomodation arranged and a like group of singles to meet up with. I used to do a lot of backpacking when I was younger, and its the elements of that type of travel I was thinking of.

Ah now Tim, anyone with a basic knowledge of Latin could work it out! I like your idea although I do remember some people on the forum saying that JY used to have a "make your own way" option a few years back. I do prefer having everything booked and sorted however - on my first JY hol to Andalucia three years ago, I booked my own connecting flights from Dublin, as JY couldn't book me on a holiday originating in Ireland. The departure time from the UK was then changed and I had to rebook my outward flight from Dublin. On the way home there was a lightning 24 hour strike in Spain and our tour manager had to book everyone on new flights home. As I'd booked my own connecting flight from the UK back to Ireland, JY were not liable and I had to pay for it myself. By booking my own flights it cost me an extra €300! So from then on, I've been getting JY to book all my flights and I drive to Belfast. More complicated I know, but better safe than sorry! So what I'm saying is - if we could book our own flights we might possibly get them cheaper (and possibly not) and we'd have more flexibility - but if anything goes wrong regarding delays, changes or cancellations, JY have no liability and we're on our own!

Cheers,

Bob

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
As Bob has said if you book your own flights (and don't forget transfers) when things go wrong you are on your own. Booking all as a package is much safer. I have the hassle of getting to the London airports just like most people but I wold rather that then take the risk with a low cost airline and have to book my own transfers to and from the airport at the destination. Sounds as if Greece will be popular. Glad its not Crete been there twice.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I agree with Bob. I rather have everything booked for me and know that if anything goes wrong then things will be sorted out. I rather pay a bit more and have this safety net then booking my own flights and transfers just to save a few pounds.

Jaya

Puer aeternus
(Member)
Bob, Sue, totally understand some people like the security of having it all organised.....and its less hassle.

but if you want to live life on the edge....:D