BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Will,

I think I'm sorted for holidays next year as I'm booked on Costa Rica/Nicaragua for March (thanks again for this date, I'm so excited and there are already 6 booked on it, so things are looking good!) and I might be doing China with a friend in Sept (digging into the savings again), but just out of curiosity and I'm sure some other forum folks are also interested, a big question: can you give us a hint now as to whether there will be more one off tours for 2014? From what I can see, they have been a great success in 2013! Or are you giving nothing away until the new brochure in Sept??

Cheers,

Bob

JY Will
(Member)
Hi Bob,

I'm pretty sure we won't be putting any out in September because that would rather defeat the object of putting a new brochure out with all our new tours in anyway. I would say there is a possibility that in January again there may be some along a similar lines when we have had a chance to see what is popular and what is not and a thousand other things that we have to take into consideration.

Hope that helps

Will

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

You really do want info.....lol......patience patience ........but then again......

DO TELL JULIA or WILL,,,,,,,,,

Cindy

Puer aeternus
(Member)
JY Will, there are some good city breaks and UK trips by a rival company, S*L*S, such as Hadrians Wall, Mersey Break, Torquay, Edinburgh, etc. Can't you copy some of their ideas at a slighty cheaper price?!! :cool:

That would be excellent, especially if you could bring back skiing holidays!

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Will for the info; Cindy we need the knowledge as early as possible if we are to make the right decision regarding which holiday to book! As I said, I think I'm sorted for 2014; but then it looks like for 2015 under this arrangement I'd have to wait till January 2015 to see what one-off tours might be introduced for that year, rather than miss out on the opportunity of an amazing one-off tour. My problem is that my diary gets messy very quickly so my window for holidays gets very tight the nearer the time comes. If I wait for the January to book for that year, I might not be able to go when those tours are running, that's why I like to book as early as possible. Ah well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! I just don't want to miss out on one of these not-to-be-repeated tours if it was to a destination I'd really like to visit!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lets hope you get to visit all the places on your wish list....happy travelling....and you never know our paths might just cross one day..

Cindy

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Will,

Oh I can't wait until September - please, please, can you at least give us a hint if there are going to be any new/one-off tours for February/March 2014??? Having done (or about to do) 11 JY tours, I'm running out of countries, and I would really like to go with JY next year. Just a hint Will??!!

Cheers,

Hils

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Hils, judging by what Will said above and elsewhere there will be some new tours in the Sept brochure but if there are going to be any one-off tours for 2014, they won't be available till January! I read on another thread that it looks like Mexico will be added as a new tour, but obviously I don't know when the tours will be running. Sept is a long time to wait but Jan is too long to wait for a full run down of what's available!

Cheers,

Bob

JY Will
(Member)
'Hils' wrote:

Hi Will,

Oh I can't wait until September - please, please, can you at least give us a hint if there are going to be any new/one-off tours for February/March 2014??? Having done (or about to do) 11 JY tours, I'm running out of countries, and I would really like to go with JY next year. Just a hint Will??!!

Cheers,

Hils

Hi Hils,

With regards to one off tours in January - it is only a possibility at this stage. We did that this year because there was a feeling that there were too few Long Haul tours. But we have that all in hand for our September brochure. It's not overly likely that many or any of the new tours will have February dates though because it wouldnt give us long enough to sell them. The new COsta Rica & Nicaragua tour that went into the June brochure did have a March date.

In total we have around 20 new holidays for the September brochure though

JY Will
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Thanks Will for the info; Cindy we need the knowledge as early as possible if we are to make the right decision regarding which holiday to book! As I said, I think I'm sorted for 2014; but then it looks like for 2015 under this arrangement I'd have to wait till January 2015 to see what one-off tours might be introduced for that year, rather than miss out on the opportunity of an amazing one-off tour. My problem is that my diary gets messy very quickly so my window for holidays gets very tight the nearer the time comes. If I wait for the January to book for that year, I might not be able to go when those tours are running, that's why I like to book as early as possible. Ah well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! I just don't want to miss out on one of these not-to-be-repeated tours if it was to a destination I'd really like to visit!

All the best,

Bob

Bob, definitely don't wait until January - it's only an idea at this stage and may well not happen!

I wouldnt describe any of the holidays as 'never to be repeated'. If people like them they will be repeated! (costa Rica & Nicaragua is a prime example!).

The new brochure will have about 20 new holidays with everything from UK to Europe to America to Asia included - hopefully there will be something for everyone!

Thanks

Will

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Will, twenty new tours eh? That sounds very exciting and you and the team have obviously been very hard at work! I wait with bated breath and I hope that they all prove to be successful so that they will be included in future years!

A Facebook friend has just posted pictures of her holiday to Montenegro, it really looks beautiful. I'm hoping JY will include a tour there over the next few years or I will have to travel with Travelsphere...

Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

Bob