Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hiya, I've decided I want to go to Italy (first time) and have narrowed it down to 3. I wonder if you could let me know for each trip;

1: how many booked & gender mix

2: Are the flights actual scheduled or Charter (I hate charter fights!)

3: how many are vegetarian (not really, :D)

The hols are:

1: 1st October: Riviera Splendour

2: 3rd October: Classic Cities of Italy

3: 3rd October: Highlights of Tuscany

Cheers.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Puer aeternus

Right then...

1. The Numbers....

Riviera Splendour (1/10/2013) there are currently 5 booked ages 60+, 2 men, 3 women - heights unknown

Classic Cities of Italy (3/10/2013) again there are 5 booked ages early-fifties+, 1 man, 4 women

Highlights of Tuscany (3/10/2013) 19 booked on this departure, ages mid-forties+, so far one man is booked on this trip.

2. The flights

Flights on these particular tours are with British Airways - we buy an allocation of seats from the airline (not the whole plane)

3. Dietary habits

I was almost tempted to find out for you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia, most helpful.

It looks like I'll plump for Tuscany, I would imagine that the other two tours may not run with such low numbers? (for the first time in Italy I fancied the Classic Cities tour, but there's only 5 people on it).

Bosuncat
(Member)
It's a great username. And I dug out my old Latin dictionary to get the last part of it. I knew the first. :thumbup:

If you decide on Tuscany on 3rd of October I am going and so is Margaret who I met on the Cilento trip in May:)

Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
LOL, Wikipedia has me sussed! :cool: I'm hovering over the Tuscany deposit button now, always wanted to go to italy. looking forward to unwinding from work.
Bosuncat
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

LOL, Wikipedia has me sussed! :cool: I'm hovering over the Tuscany deposit button now, always wanted to go to italy. looking forward to unwinding from work.

I did Latin at O Level many years ago:)

And go for it!!

JustMargaret
(Member)
I`m going to Tuscany 3rd October, so is Bosuncat - we met in Cilento in May. I love Italy too.

I don`t have a Latin Dictionary - what does it mean?

Mel P
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

Agree. Great name.

I am having a turnaround and instead of going to Tuscany, am planning to go to Calabria in June next year. I went to the Cilento Coast in June this year and really liked the unspoilt and undiscovered part of Italy. I am told that Calabria has the same feel.

Good luck in what you decide.

Mel

Puer aeternus
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've done it, paid, now October 3rd seems like forever away.... have to start practicing on the chianti :thumbup:

Gatwick hotel on other thread is a great idea, thats where I'm booking, always like to start a holiday in a relaxed way, no last minute rushing to the airport, done that soooo many times.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Puer wrote:

I've done it, paid, now October 3rd seems like forever away.... have to start practicing on the chianti :thumbup:

Gatwick hotel on other thread is a great idea, thats where I'm booking, always like to start a holiday in a relaxed way, no last minute rushing to the airport, done that soooo many times.

I have to overnight. No choice on early flights from Gatwick. Takes me nearly 5 hours to get down there. Anyway I haven't booked yet but will probably be booking that hotel too cos of the location to North Terminal.