Souxie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Olly,

I love JY and have been on many trips with you, indeed, I'm off to Alpine Europe in couple of weeks. I work term time with Primary Schools and would love to see a choice of holidays that reflects when the schools are closed. I know I can be assured of one in the 6 weeks break, and Christmas time, but tend to miss out on a lot of the trips because they fall when the schools are in. Such shame, as I guess many others in my position, especially teachers, feel the same.

So my question is, any hope of more choice of dates?

Thanks for your help.

Soux.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Soux

We know that teachers are keen to see more departures during the summer holidays and we are doing our best to add more where we can.

One problem is that prices for flights and accommodation are much higher during the peak summer months, which makes the overall holiday more expensive. Another issue is that the temperatures in many of the destinations featured by Just You can be very high in these peak months, which many of our customers find uncomfortable.

But bearing this in mind, we are trying to add more summer dates. Our new brochure will be out in mid-September, so I hope you find some suitable dates then.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
I do hope that this post doesn't make me unpopular with other teachers, but I'd be happy to pay more than your normal charges for greater choice during the school holidays. I do understand the costing issues you raise!

I'd also be interested in slightly more active holidays during these times. Some JY folk do seem to struggle to cope with the slightest walk!

lizziep
(Member)
I work in a primary school too and have just been on the USA Golden West trip purely because it was 1 of only 3 I could do in the holidays. (It was fabulous ) I found 5 other school workers on this trip all echoing the same sentiments, ...More school holiday dates please.

Liz