carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Do you know who the tour manager is for 22nd may inspirational china tour. Thank you.
Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Caroline,

Thankyou for getting in touch, your Tour Manager hasn't yet been allocated but it will be by the end of this week, if you would like to get in touch with me closer to then, I will be able to help further,

Kindest,

Ben

PaulineD
(Member)
'carolineelisetaylor' wrote:

Do you know who the tour manager is for 22nd may inspirational china tour. Thank you.

Hi Caroline,

I don't think we've 'spoken' before!! My name is Pauline and I am booked on the China trip too. Have been in touch with a couple of other people who are going and it's nice to know someone else is going too!!

PaulineD

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Caroline,

I don't think we've 'spoken' before!! My name is Pauline and I am booked on the China trip too. Have been in touch with a couple of other people who are going and it's nice to know someone else is going too!!

PaulineD

Hello Pauline, I'm so excited too, there are 10 on the tour so far. Its not actually my birthday until September but treating myself early. I'm really looking forward to the trip. Only 15 weeks to go. See u in may

PaulineD
(Member)

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Caroline,

PaulineD

Hello Pauline, I'm so excited too, there are 10 on the tour so far. Its not actually my birthday until September but treating myself early. I'm really looking forward to the trip. Only 15 weeks to go. See u in may

Hi Caroline,

It's great to hear from another fellow traveller. Are you going down to Gatwick the night before or travelling down the day of take off?

Pauline

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Caroline,

I went on this holiday at the age of 65 and even managed the 'tough' stretch of the Great Wall. Provided you are reasonably fit you will have no problems. It is a fascinating holiday and will make a marvelous birthday present to yourself.

On a practical note, I took some Chinese money with me but, as all meals etc are included, I actually spent very little. There are plenty of ATM machines. We went in September and the weather varied between hot and dry to cool and damp. Silk products are to die for as are the beautiful scrolls, two of which adorn my walls.

You will have a great time.

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DavidG' wrote:

Hello Caroline,

I went on this holiday at the age of 65 and even managed the 'tough' stretch of the Great Wall. Provided you are reasonably fit you will have no problems. It is a fascinating holiday and will make a marvelous birthday present to yourself.

On a practical note, I took some Chinese money with me but, as all meals etc are included, I actually spent very little. There are plenty of ATM machines. We went in September and the weather varied between hot and dry to cool and damp. Silk products are to die for as are the beautiful scrolls, two of which adorn my walls.

You will have a great time.

Hello David thank you for the tips, I'm so exited and counting the days, I'm planning to get some art works as I love Chinese and Japanese art. I'm also a keen photogrher too. This will be my third tour with just you. Thanks again Caroline

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PaulineD' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Caroline,

PaulineD

I live about an I hour away from Gatwick so will travel there on the day.nwhat time is the flight again? Working on the Tuesday unfortunately.

Hi Caroline,

It's great to hear from another fellow traveller. Are you going down to Gatwick the night before or travelling down the day of take off?

Pauline

PaulineD
(Member)

'PaulineD' wrote:

'PaulineD' wrote:

Hi Caroline,

PaulineD

I live about an I hour away from Gatwick so will travel there on the day.nwhat time is the flight again? Working on the Tuesday unfortunately.

Hi Caroline,

Pauline

Hi Caroline, According to my paper work the flight takes off at 12 noon although it is possible that could change as my paper work is from October!! I will be travelling down the day before as I live in Hertfordshire and am staying at the Acorn Lodge in Horley along with another lady called Pauline who is travelling from up North!! We will have to look for your Just You luggage label.

Look forward to meeting you.

PaulineD

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello again Caroline,

I too am a keen photographer - there is so much to see I took over 700 pictures!

carolineelisetaylor
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ben' wrote:

Good morning Caroline,

Thankyou for getting in touch, your Tour Manager hasn't yet been allocated but it will be by the end of this week, if you would like to get in touch with me closer to then, I will be able to help further,

Kindest,

Ben

Hi Ben, has the tour manager been allocated now for this tour?, what is the age group for this tour.

Thank you Caroline

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Caroline,

Thanks for getting back in touch. We're not quite there but we are talking a matter of days, I will post on this thread when your Tour Manager has been allocated so you don't have to chase me again if you do not wish 🙂

Kindest,

Ben

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good afternoon Caroline,

Your Tour Manager has now been allocated, I can confirm it's a great Gentleman called John Drylie. He will be meeting you at Heathrow and flying out with the group, he will also be Tour Managing the Yangtze add on,

I hope this helps and thank you for your patience,

Kindest,

Ben

PaulineD
(Member)
'Ben' wrote:

Good afternoon Caroline,

Your Tour Manager has now been allocated, I can confirm it's a great Gentleman called John Drylie. He will be meeting you at Heathrow and flying out with the group, he will also be Tour Managing the Yangtze add on,

Kindest,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Heathrow or Gatwick?? I'm a bit confused!!

Pauline71
(Member)
Hi Ben,

I hope our John is flying from Gatwick with the rest of us otherwise he will be on his own!

Best wishes

Pauline Holmes

'Ben' wrote:

Good afternoon Caroline,

Kindest,

Ben

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pauline,

My apologies, I am mistaken, you are quite right, it is Gatwick!

Kindest,

Ben

PaulineD
(Member)
'Ben' wrote:

Hi Pauline,

My apologies, I am mistaken, you are quite right, it is Gatwick!

Kindest,

Ben

Phew, Thanks Ben, I thought I was having a 'Senior Moment'

Pauline