Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Will. A question if I may. :)

I booked last night for Cilento Coast (5th May departure). Great, lovely holiday,and I am really looking forward to going back but I nearly turned it down for a couple of reasons.

I spoke to Dave at Customer Service (lovely guy and very helpful), and having been on the trip before I thought I would double check the flight timings as stated in the very recent brochure. I had already resigned myself to having to go down to Gatwick again , but I was shocked to find out that the flight wouldnt leave from there until nearly 6pm which would have made a very late arrival into the hotel, and nearly a whole day lost from the holiday.

So I then checked the Stansted flight times as I remember 2 years ago that flight got in about the same time. In contrast that flight is due to leave Stansted at 6am or thereabouts. However the flight supplement for Stansted has shot up from £59 to £99!

Needless to say I am for the first time travelling from Stansted, although I shall probably have to spend 4 hours at the airport before check in as that is the only National Express bus that would get me from Nottingham in time. The one after would get me in at 4.05am and the flight currently leaves at 6.05 am. That should be okay I guess but I am reluctant to risk it. I wouldnt relish spending money on a hotel that I am only going to be sleeping in for a few hours at most. I just hope that flight times dont alter again!

Secondly, am I assuming that the Tour Manager in this case will be travelling from Gatwick with the main party? In which case I assume that the Stansted people will be travelling on to the hotel from Naples separately? (minus the Tour Manager?)

I know that Just You have no control over flight timings but surely the brochure (especially a very recent one!) ought to be more accurate? Also why has the flight supplement to fly from Stansted nearly doubled in such a short period of time? Surely it's not all down to Easy Jet?

I hate to moan, I really do. Dave was really helpful and I am so looking foward to going back to Cilento, but I am so pleased that I thought to question him so closely!!

JY Will
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I booked last night for Cilento Coast (5th May departure). Great, lovely holiday,and I am really looking forward to going back but I nearly turned it down for a couple of reasons.

I spoke to Dave at Customer Service (lovely guy and very helpful), and having been on the trip before I thought I would double check the flight timings as stated in the very recent brochure. I had already resigned myself to having to go down to Gatwick again , but I was shocked to find out that the flight wouldnt leave from there until nearly 6pm which would have made a very late arrival into the hotel, and nearly a whole day lost from the holiday.

So I then checked the Stansted flight times as I remember 2 years ago that flight got in about the same time. In contrast that flight is due to leave Stansted at 6am or thereabouts. However the flight supplement for Stansted has shot up from £59 to £99!

Needless to say I am for the first time travelling from Stansted, although I shall probably have to spend 4 hours at the airport before check in as that is the only National Express bus that would get me from Nottingham in time. The one after would get me in at 4.05am and the flight currently leaves at 6.05 am. That should be okay I guess but I am reluctant to risk it. I wouldnt relish spending money on a hotel that I am only going to be sleeping in for a few hours at most. I just hope that flight times dont alter again!

Secondly, am I assuming that the Tour Manager in this case will be travelling from Gatwick with the main party? In which case I assume that the Stansted people will be travelling on to the hotel from Naples separately? (minus the Tour Manager?)

I know that Just You have no control over flight timings but surely the brochure (especially a very recent one!) ought to be more accurate? Also why has the flight supplement to fly from Stansted nearly doubled in such a short period of time? Surely it's not all down to Easy Jet?

I hate to moan, I really do. Dave was really helpful and I am so looking foward to going back to Cilento, but I am so pleased that I thought to question him so closely!!

Hi there.

We always (and I do mean always!) try to ensure that the most accurate information is featured every time in our brochures. I'll have a look into why the brochure is different to what you were told when you booked. Please do bear in mind that we produce our brochures a long time before they actually arrive on your doorstep as well. Another possible reason is that if one particular departure was different timings and all of the other departures were the same it is likely that the brochure would just show the "normal" flight times.

With regards to the Stansted supplement - we price the regional airports based on what they are costing us - we aren't out to profiteer from people who live in the Midlands (especially since we are pretty much all Midlanders here!). It may be that the supplement includes an amount for a separate transfer as well and this can all add to the cost.

I hope this gives you a bit more information! Feel free to ask any questions of course 🙂

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JY wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Hi there.

We always (and I do mean always!) try to ensure that the most accurate information is featured every time in our brochures. I'll have a look into why the brochure is different to what you were told when you booked. Please do bear in mind that we produce our brochures a long time before they actually arrive on your doorstep as well. Another possible reason is that if one particular departure was different timings and all of the other departures were the same it is likely that the brochure would just show the "normal" flight times.

With regards to the Stansted supplement - we price the regional airports based on what they are costing us - we aren't out to profiteer from people who live in the Midlands (especially since we are pretty much all Midlanders here!). It may be that the supplement includes an amount for a separate transfer as well and this can all add to the cost.

I hope this gives you a bit more information! Feel free to ask any questions of course :-)

Thanks Will. Certainly the flight timings from Gatwick in this very recent brochure were as I remember them from the last trip which is why I was shocked (particulary as JY are using British Airways) at the much later departure from Gatwick.

I totally appreciate that JY are not wishing to profiteer from Midlands people :shy: and I think like you have said that it may be because of the separate transfer for the Stansted folks.

It will make a change to travel from Stansted I guess. I just hope there are cafes etc there open 24 hours as I am anticipating getting in at close to midnight with 4 hours to kill before I can check in. 😕

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Just to add the Gatwick outbound flight (i fly 28th april) as changed from the brochure time of 12.55, it now goes at 3pm (according to my paperwork). I'm pleased i've not booked a airport hotel as i can now drive down the day before and just pay for parking.

Mick

sallyc
  • (Member)
(Member)
Our Gatwick flight on 5th May departs 3pm as well so I'm not sure if we will at the hotel in time for dinner. If not - see you in the bar!
Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sallyc' wrote:

Our Gatwick flight on 5th May departs 3pm as well so I'm not sure if we will at the hotel in time for dinner. If not - see you in the bar!

Pretty sure you will get your dinner Sally!