JENBA
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
As a fit 65 year old who does quite a lot of walking, I am thinking about taking my first JY holiday in July, Walking in the Ahr Valley. However, I do have some questions for the editor.

1) Have you had many bookings for this holiday?

2) As I live in the North East,I would have to travel to London the previous day and book in somewhere BB as the train departs from St Pancras quite early on the Friday morning. Obviously, this would make the holiday more expensive for me and I do not want to make the extra arrangements too soon in case JY had to cancel the trip due to lack of interest. My question is, at what stage would you decide that the holiday might have to be cancelled due to insufficient bookings?

3) Can I take out my own travel insurance or does this have to be done through JY?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jenba

Welcome to the Just You community and what a great choice for your first holiday.

At the moment there are 3 travellers booked on the July date - it is early days and the equivalent date last year sold out. Our team will make a decision about 12 weeks before the departure date as to whether a tour will operate. It may be earlier than this if it is proving popular.

In terms of travel insurance, you don't need to purchase this through us - you can use another provider. However, a condition of booking is that you are adequately covered and you may be asked to provide details of your policy before you travel.

I hope this information helps - if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest regards

Julia

JENBA
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you. Just one more question, if the holiday had to be cancelled by JY would I get a full refund or what I have to book another holiday?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

In the unfortunate event that we are forced to cancel a tour, we will do so before the date that your final balance is due. As we do not want you to be disappointed, where possible we will try to offer you an alternative holiday, but understand that this may not be a suitable and you can receive a refund if you prefer.

Kind regards,

Julia

sjm533
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JENBA' wrote:

As a fit 65 year old who does quite a lot of walking, I am thinking about taking my first JY holiday in July, Walking in the Ahr Valley. However, I do have some questions for the editor.

2) As I live in the North East,I would have to travel to London the previous day and book in somewhere BB as the train departs from St Pancras quite early on the Friday morning. Obviously, this would make the holiday more expensive for me and I do not want to make the extra arrangements too soon in case JY had to cancel the trip due to lack of interest. My question is, at what stage would you decide that the holiday might have to be cancelled due to insufficient bookings?

3) Can I take out my own travel insurance or does this have to be done through JY?

Hi

Can I just say that I have booked my first ever holiday alone, and have found that the customer services here are first class and Service comes with a capital "S". Whatever you decide you will find help and advice on these pages and if you can't find it here you can always contact JY direct.

Regards

Sylvia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Jenba

I take out a early personal insurance from the post office and I just provide JY with the policy number And emergency contact number.

I have had one holiday cancelled by JY and I could not travel on the re arranged date and I got my money back no problem.

I have my 9th JY tour booked.

So if I can help at all just ask

Cindy

JustMargaret
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

'JENBA' wrote:

Hi

Can I just say that I have booked my first ever holiday alone, and have found that the customer services here are first class and Service comes with a capital "S". Whatever you decide you will find help and advice on these pages and if you can't find it here you can always contact JY direct.

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia, I totally agree regarding the support received from the JY team. Booking a holiday is probably just one of many things you are doing alone for the first time, and it is a great comfort knowing that you are in good hands. Cilento 5th May will be my second JY holiday and I feel so much more confident this time.