Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Ben,

I asked this question yesterday, not sure if you read my post or it has gone astray.

I fly to South Africa with add on, on Thursday. I have been reading all the threads and everyone recommends that you take US dollars for the Zambia add on. Yesterday someone left a thread stating that the excursions can only be paid for in Sterling. I have not received my final information yet so I cannot check it out. can you please come back to me.

Best wishes Julie

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Julie,

Apologies for the delay in replying, excursions are ideally to be paid for Rand or US Dollars but ideally South African Rand, both currencies are accepted in South Africa and Zambia, however Zambia operates a closed currency so you cannot purchase these till you are there, however your Tour Manager is highly experienced, always on hand and will guide you all the way though and advise on the best ways to do it.

Are you still yet to receive your final information? Please send me your booking reference and I will look into this immediately.

Thanks

Ben

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ben' wrote:

Good morning Julie,

Apologies for the delay in replying, excursions are ideally to be paid for Rand or US Dollars but ideally South African Rand, both currencies are accepted in South Africa and Zambia, however Zambia operates a closed currency so you cannot purchase these till you are there, however your Tour Manager is highly experienced, always on hand and will guide you all the way though and advise on the best ways to do it.

Are you still yet to receive your final information? Please send me your booking reference and I will look into this immediately.

Thanks

Ben

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Ben,

I phoned customer services on Wednesday and they said that they were posted on the 5th so I should receive them today (hopefully). My booking reference is at home but I can give you my post code if you want to check it for me. CV8 1DG.

Thanks for all your help

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julie, we paid for our Zambia excursions in US dollars and I did not get or receive any kwatcha at all, everything was done through dollars. Any meals purchased in the hotel can be put on your credit card and paid on departure. Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Bob

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Bob for you help.

Cant wait for Thursday I am getting really excited now.

Best wishes Julie

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Bob,

It's good of you to send me reply. I am getting really excited now, I can't wait for Thursday. Can I ask you a question? On the Livingstone express are you expected to wear smart clothes or did most of the group go casual.

Best wishes Kulie

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Julie wrote:

Thanks Bob,

It's good of you to send me reply. I am getting really excited now, I can't wait for Thursday. Can I ask you a question? On the Livingstone express are you expected to wear smart clothes or did most of the group go casual.

Best wishes Kulie

Hi hope u get this in time! Everyone wore smart casual as on the other nights, it was a great experience with brilliant atmosphere and amazing food, enjoy!

Bob

Julie White
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Bob for all your help. Hope you enjoy the next holiday you are booked on.

Best wishes Julie