langtoftlad
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Just received the "tickets" for this trip 14th June so looking forward to it :D

Just to let you know the hotel website has changed - it's now

www.hotelilsettebello.com  (google translate works well!)

The one printed on the paperwork is "parked".

1. How are rooms allocated? Hopefully not alphabetically because some will be 'lucky' to get a seaview and some not.

2. Who is our tour guide?

3. Is there anyway to get an example of the dinner menu we will be enjoying, the sorts of dishes etc?

Regards

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

Glad to hear you are looking forward to your break, you will have a fab time 🙂

Your Tour Manager is Jonathon Clarke, one of our really great Tour Managers. Room allocations are done by the hotels themselves and not by us sadly. For the menu, I'm sorry we don't have an example menu as the hotel changes the menu regularly, we do not get sent updates, maybe their website will have an online updated version,

I hope this all helps and have a lovely time,

Ben

langtoftlad
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Ben.

Bonus question!

Earthquakes ???

Any issues, any likely disruption to the itinerary?

Regards

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I WENT ON THIS HOLIDAY LAST YEAR, I had a room at the front was quite noisy, some people did relocate to the back of the hotel, so wait and see how you go, I must say there was not problem with people moving rooms the owners were helpful. There is a lift in this hotel.

They quite like you to run a tab and pay at the end for drinks and snacks. I did this and it worked out fine for me.

Jonathon was my guide he is good, be prepared for a couple of quiz nights, I never won.

It is buffett style menu I am vegetarian but always found something to eat, others did OK. If I remember I think you choose what you want the night before, as in meat, fish, veggie, then the rest was help your self.

It is a nice little tour.

Cindy

langtoftlad
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Cindy - that's useful info
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Langtoftlad

I haven't heard of any changes at this point but if there are any major changes, rest assured we will let you know. You could also keep an eye on the News & Features section on the homepage of our website.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

TVP
  • (Member)
(Member)
:)I have just been on this holiday - came back 24th May. Jonathan Clarke was our Tour Manager and was very good. Huge choice for first course, lots of dishes beautifully laid out to pick and choose and help yourself to, then soup or 2 pastas, followed by choice of 3, usually fish is one, and desert. Choose at breakfast and sit on the same table for dinner so the staff know what to serve to that table - making it quick service & means you meet different people if you want to. Lucca is one visit - you can hire bike for an hour and cycle round the city walls, flat, quiet, peaceful and only costs 3 euros - really worth doing.