patricebry
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

I've just been reading all the emails about lack of flights from up North and someone commented that over 400 people had written in regarding this. Do you think management have read them? and do you think they will act upon them? Out of the 8 holidays I've had with JY, 4 of them have been from Heathrow. (I live in Lancashire) and it's getting more expensive all the time

Regards, Pat

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

I have indeed passed the thread on to our managers and I'm sure they will read everyone's comments and see what can be done.

It's very helpful for us to know the strength of feeling on this subject and I'm sure we will increase our efforts to make more regional flights available where possible.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Cazzalog
(Member)
Hi Pat & Olly

I recently went on a Discovery Weekend and enjoyed it so much it made me want to book a holiday with Just You. I was so dissapointed when I looked through the brochure at all the lovely holidays only to realise I would have to travel hours on my own on a daunting journey before I could even set off from the nearest airport. I live in Cumbria and the nearest airports are Manchester/Newcastle/Glasgow. I do hope you will start to use the more accessable airports for us in the North, or even arrange coach pick ups.

Yours 'hopefully'

Carole 🙂

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Olly,

For me its the cost of regional flights the £89 supplement is too much to fly from northern airports (was £29 last year if i remember).

Living in North Yorkshire it still costs me travel/hotel/parking to get to such as Manchester and although slightly more expensive to go to Gatwick or Heathrow it works out much cheaper to do this at present although more inconvenient.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dear all

Thanks for all your messages on this subject. I have forwarded your comments to my colleagues and I'm pleased to say that Will, one of our managers here, has looked into the question for you. He has posted a message on the subject on the following link, and he would welcome your feedback on what he has to say.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/forum/thread-47282.html 

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor