JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

I am already planning my Holidays for 2013, Believe it or not, Even though I am taking first Just You holiday of this current year at the end of the week..

And I am considering some of the Coach Trips mainly in Europe

Will these holidays still be available for us next year, As I Have heard that Just You were planning in shelving these holidays after this current year.

Regards & Best Wishes

Andy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy

You are correct that after this year we won't be offering holidays which feature travel to your destination by coach.

We don't have many holidays like this (I counted six in the brochure) but as you know, they are all great tours. We are hoping to keep them all going, using either rail or flights to get you there instead. I should be able to tell you more in a month or two.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Olly,

Why is this? Surely these holidays are very popular and more affordable for some people. I have seen that the number of coach holidays has steadily decreased in the last 2 brochures.

I have done the Ahr Valley trip twice (I know Andy has done it 6 times) and it is a very good trip. I have also done 4 Xmas trips by coach - Austria, Germany & the Dolomites (twice).

I have to admit it was good to go to Prague by air last Xmas but I still had to fly from Stansted. With the coach trips at least you are picked up locally by the feeder coach & taken down to Dover etc. to meet your group & tour manager. This is much easier for some people, especially if they do not drive.

Surely, the problem will be that most people will now have to make their way to a London airport to go on their holiday as there are so few regional flights. Whilst this is okay for people who live in the South, it is going to be problematic for those living in the North & Midlands (like me - where we have no connecting flights).

This will increase the cost of the holidays considerably - you have to remember that a lot of people are on a limited budget and this could make the trips no longer affordable.

Where will the train journeys start? If this is from St. Pancras etc. then we would still have to get there too.

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

Unfortunately coach holidays as a whole have suffered in the current economic climate. Like you, I would have expected them to become more popular as a result but the opposite has been true.

I know you and others are keen to see more flights from regional airports and I will pass those comments on.

I don't have any more detail yet about how the coach tours will operate in future but I will let you know when I know more.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
On the contrary, I am very glad to hear that coach holidays are being replaced by flights, as I have to fly in from Belfast anyhow! Seriously however, I've found that holidays with long coach journeys are extremely exhausting and it is much better to fly rather than cover hundreds of miles by coach. Looking forward to the new brochure!

Best wishes,

Bob

JustAndy103
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

The Ahr Valley Trip can easily be reached via Flight as I BelIeve the City of Bonn is only about 35kms from Altenahr, And it is also on the train route.

Andy

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
Having done several coach holidays with JY I know that many others share the same concern as myself - we are poor sailors! So far I have been lucky with smooth-ish crossings, but it always worries me.

The other problem is that coach travel really eats into the total holiday time with some of my trips the travelling time was half of the holiday. Having said that, flying would involve the expense of having to stay overnight near Heathrow.

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi,

I can see what Andy is saying about the possibility that trips such as the Ahr Valley could be replaced with a trip by air or train. Is this a possibility? I know the trip is popular & I would certainly like to do it again.

I also take on board the fact the 2 days travelling to a destination & 2 days travelling back cuts into the time spent there. I have experienced this on 3 out of the 4 Xmas coach trips I have done in the past & did find it seemed to make it a long way, even with the overnight stop. So perhaps if these are to be replaced with a train or flight alternative that would solve the problem & allow more time there. I just hope this includes more access from the North of England & the Midlands.

I am looking forward to seeing what is in the new brochure.

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I think both are possibilities but no decisions have been made yet. The Ahr Valley is a very popular tour so I expect it will still be available in 2013.

I can tell you that the new brochure now includes all of our Christmas and New Year tours.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor