patricebry
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

I've just been reading about some queries about the above and, as I'm also changing aircraft at Heathrow ( from Manchester) I'm totally confused! When I booked the holiday last summer, the flight times in that brochure departs Heathrow 16.50h/return arrival15.50. In the current brochure it reads :departs 20.25h/return arrival 1745h. I've checked with teletext over the last few days and it gives the arrival time as15.55h. which would be far better for the transfer back to Manchester. Perhaps you could clarify this please? I'm not going until September.

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'patricebry' wrote:

Hi Olly,

I've just been reading about some queries about the above and, as I'm also changing aircraft at Heathrow ( from Manchester) I'm totally confused! When I booked the holiday last summer, the flight times in that brochure departs Heathrow 16.50h/return arrival15.50. In the current brochure it reads :departs 20.25h/return arrival 1745h. I've checked with teletext over the last few days and it gives the arrival time as15.55h. which would be far better for the transfer back to Manchester. Perhaps you could clarify this please? I'm not going until September.

Regards, Pat

Olly, Just re-read this- I didn't even tell you where I am going!! Sorry! I'm going to China. I'm looking forward to the holiday but dreading Heathrow airport. Pat

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

Our system is showing your return time as 17.45 but we will confirm this nearer the time.

Don't worry about Heathrow - it's very well sign-posted and there are lots of places to pass the time.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ollie, I still can't understand this. I typed in the flight number on the web (flight CA937) yesterday, and it said to click on the link and you could actually watch the flight. It was due to land at Heathrow at 3,15! Is this the correct flight? I know I'm making a fuss, but if I have to reclaim luggage at Heathrow I'm considering changing he holiday. The fligh tfrom Beijing is long enough without all that hassle!!

Regards, Pat

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

If you can send me your booking reference I will look into it for you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi Pat

If you can send me your booking reference I will look into it for you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Hi Olly,

I've sorted it! Flight times for Air China change as from 24th March - so you are quite right - it will be 17.45 in September! I don't know the times of the connecting flights though. My booking reference is: ****. Sorry to be such a nuisance!!

Regards, Pat

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

The connecting flights flights won't be confirmed until nearer the time but we will let you know in good time before you go. If you want to write again a month before you fly, I should be able to let you know the connecting flight time.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Peter Jersey
(Member)
Hello Pat

I hope that this little bit of info helps to put your mind at rest. When you arrive from Manchester at Terminal 5 Heathrow make your way to the Train Station which is underneath the Terminal. Heathrow Express provide a free transfer to Terminals 1 &3. Station is called Heathrow Central. Please note that Heathrow Express also do a non stop service from Terminal 5 direct to London, so make sure that you are on the right train!!

Heathrow Central is about a 5 minute walk to Terminal 3.

I don't know where you get the energy from to get from Manchester to Beijing in one go. I am going the week before you and I am overnighting in a Heathrow Hotel. I have to make my way to Heathrow from Gatwick via the M25 with National Express. That will be a thrill!!

Best wishes

Peter

trish1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat,

I was on this holiday two years ago, travelling from Glasgow. My connecting flight was with bmi. They are Star Alliance members along with Air China and my luggage was booked right through, on both journeys. It meant I had plenty of time to change terminals. I don't know who your con. flight is with but perhaps you could look into whether you are able to book right through with them. Please don't change your holiday, China is amazing and you will have a great time.

Trish.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pat

I've just heard that you will need to reclaim your luggage and check it in again. I hope this won't deter you from going as it is really won't take you too long.

There are plenty of trolleys available and if you think you will need some assistance, we can request that for you too. Just give our Holiday Advisors a ring on 0844 567 8844 and let them know.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'trish1' wrote:

Hi Pat,

I was on this holiday two years ago, travelling from Glasgow. My connecting flight was with bmi. They are Star Alliance members along with Air China and my luggage was booked right through, on both journeys. It meant I had plenty of time to change terminals. I don't know who your con. flight is with but perhaps you could look into whether you are able to book right through with them. Please don't change your holiday, China is amazing and you will have a great time.

Trish.

Hi Trish,

Thanks for the info. When I booked the holiday last summer (I realise now that I booked far too early) I was expecting to fly BMI to Heathrow knowing they are in the same alliance as Air China. Since then BMI are in the process of being sold to BA who aren't in the same Alliance - hence the problem!

Anyway I'll see what happens nearer the time.

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Peter wrote:

Hello Pat

I hope that this little bit of info helps to put your mind at rest. When you arrive from Manchester at Terminal 5 Heathrow make your way to the Train Station which is underneath the Terminal. Heathrow Express provide a free transfer to Terminals 1 &3. Station is called Heathrow Central. Please note that Heathrow Express also do a non stop service from Terminal 5 direct to London, so make sure that you are on the right train!!

Heathrow Central is about a 5 minute walk to Terminal 3.

I don't know where you get the energy from to get from Manchester to Beijing in one go. I am going the week before you and I am overnighting in a Heathrow Hotel. I have to make my way to Heathrow from Gatwick via the M25 with National Express. That will be a thrill!!

Best wishes

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thankyou for your reply with instructions! I'm quite happy about the outward journey - plenty of time to get to the airport - I won't be tired. It's the return flight that worries me. After a ten hour flight from Beijing - the thought of queuing to collect my luggage, then getting to terminal 5 and rechecking myself and my luggage in! - It sounds horrendous!!

We will do these long haul holidays Peter, but at our age we don't have time to slow down!!!

Regards, Pat

patricebry
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the info Olly - not good news though - I'll have to think it through again.

Regards, Pat