Peter Jersey
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

I am thinking about booking this holiday in 2012. I am wondering how you sort out the cabins on the river cruise when they are twinned with same sex. What happens when, because of numbers it is not possible to put two of the group together. Would you have to share with someone who does not speak english. This could happen on any tour where there are shared arrangements.

Peter :huh::huh:

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Peter

In that situation, you would get a room to yourself. You wouldn't have to share with someone who was not in the Just You group.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi it doesn't say in the brochure that you have to share cabins on the Yangtze cruise, so I presumed that you get a cabin to yourself in any case?? I thought the Kenya safari was the only JY hol where you have to share a room?
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Apart from accomodation on trains that is!
jwb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Having returned from this tour towards the end of May I can confirm you get your own cabin. The tour before reaching the Yangtze is hectic and then you get a complete change of pace on the cruise.

It is brilliant!!! The scenery is fantastic and the ship's crew are superb.

What a GREAT holiday. John

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good Morning,

I too can also confirm you do get your own own cabin on the cruise,

Many thanks

Ben

Peter Jersey
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Olly

Thank you for putting my mind at rest about the cruise. The reason I asked was because according to the ships website it has only 8 single cabins.

Thank you also to Ben, BGray and jwb for taking the trouble to reply and help me make up my mind to go for it, This will be my first solo holiday apart from a Discovery Weekend to Leeds that I am going to on the 5th August.

Once again thanks for helping me to make my mind up.

Peter :thumbup::thumbup:

1holiday1
(Member)
'Peter wrote:

Olly

I am thinking about booking this holiday in 2012. I am wondering how you sort out the cabins on the river cruise when they are twinned with same sex. What happens when, because of numbers it is not possible to put two of the group together. Would you have to share with someone who does not speak english. This could happen on any tour where there are shared arrangements.

1holiday1
(Member)
Just returned from China / yangste river trip.

Twin cabin -- ensuite shower. Small balcony for quiet times and taking in the scenery. No sharing, excellent.

Blue Whale boat, so quiet when sailing couldn't hear any engine noise.

Was it Electric?

Pete

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
'1holiday1' wrote:

'Peter wrote:

Olly

Good Afternoon Peter,

On the cruise add on, it is arranged so that you always have your own room,

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Ben