Sammyjo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Dear Olly

Please can yo tell me whether the cash passport (currency card) is any good to use in Australia. Not sure of the best way to take my money, whether it is travellers cheques or this new currency card?

Thanks

Sam

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sam

I haven't used one of them myself but I have heard they are fairly widely accepted. Personally I would take cash plus my debit and credit cards, as there will be opportunities to withdraw money from ATMs. Make sure you let your bank know if you plan to do this, as they sometimes block cards if they haven't been warned.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Foxbliss
(Member)
Hi

I am taking a cash passport in Australian currency. The co-op travel service do the Aussie one. My friend used a cash passport in Souh Africa and it worked well to pay for purchases, hotel bills, etc. You can also obtain cash at ATMs.

The co-op can issue you with 2 cards. I am leaving one card at home and my family will top it up for me should I need more funds whilst away.

You can always call me on 0161 449 9058 if you want to know more.

As Olly says, it is best to take a mixture of finances,

Regards Carol (on the same trip as SammyJo)

Sammyjo
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Carol and Olly

Thanks for you info. I was going to do cash and travellers cheques also. I did ask at our local Tesco store and they do 2 cards as well. That seems like a good option to leave one home so the family can top up if needs be

Hi Carol on the same trip, but i am flying straight out to Aus (not sure whether that is stupid or not, but due to work didnt have no choice) I believe you are stopping over, so will see you in Aus. Cant wait now really looking forward to it.

Sam