Sharon
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

How is this trip going as there is not much feed back from the message board. Apart from myself and one other traveller that seems to be it, which obviously cannot be the case. Do you know who the rep will be for this trip? i know there has to be a minimum amount of people that need to book to make the trip viable. Maybe people don't always know about the message board.Anyway really looking forward to this trip, and hope it will be as good as i have been told. This will be my 5th trip and apart from the first trip ( hotel very dissapointing ) all other trips have been great

Thanks Sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

So far 15 people have booked your trip, and your tour manager will be Summer Allman.

You're right to point out that not everyone is signed up to this website - but hopefully a few more people will post comments as the departure date approaches.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi olly

Thanks for that it's reassuring that there is a nice size crowd going. I understand i have to have a visa could you let me know about this and how i go about it other than on line.

Thanks Sharon

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi olly

Do you know which hotel is used prior to departure. The pre tour get together has got so expensive so will arrange for myself, so if you could let me know i would appreciate it

Thank you

Sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

You don't need a visa but you do need to go online to register for the new ESTA programme. There's no alternative to doing it online, I'm afraid. But there's also no need to worry about it - we'll send you more details about how to do it nearer the time, and it's all straightforward. If you go to the US again within the next two years, you won't have to fill in the forms a second time.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thanks for the info about the visa have checked it out, and as you say it is quite straight forward. Did not have all the information on me at the time but at least i now know where to look and what to do. Thanks again.

Sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

I'm afraid I don't have any information about our pre-tour get togethers but you might be able to find out from our customer advisors by calling 0800 567 7393.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi olley

Thanks for that not to worry,i will contact the number you have left

Thanks again

Sharon

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi Olly

What is the minimum amount of people for a trip to be viable

Thanks

sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

I'm afraid there isn't a simple answer to this question. It's rare that a tour is not considered viable, and all sorts of factors are involved in making the decision. But rest assured - your tour will definitely be going ahead!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thanks for that i paid my balance yesterday and was told that this trip is certainly going ahead which is great. i had a trip booked to germany last march and it was cancelled due to not having enough people so i suppose it has made me think it may happen again

Thanks

Sharon

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi olly

Could you let me know what weather i can expect while out on this trip. is it likely to be varied, just need to have some idea really

Thanks a lot

sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon,

Temperatures in the south of the USA are much warmer year-round, with long, hot summers. It’s likely to be humid and there may be some showers. The highest temperature you can expect is about 86f in New Orleans and 82f in Nashville and Memphis.

I’d recommend dressing casually, and packing plenty of comfortable, lightweight clothing. You may wish to pack a jacket and tie or cocktail dress for evenings out.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

Thanks for that my friend went last march on the same trip and had to buy some jumpers as she was very surprised how cold it was and had only taken summer stuff. You say a dress may be needed,Where are we likely to need that?

Thanks sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

By all means pack a jumper if you want to - there may well be a chillier evening. As for packing something smart, this too is entirely up to you. I didn't have a specific occasion in mind but you never know when you might need it. But if it isn't your thing, you'll be fine without something smart too.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Olly

That did make me laugh a cocktail dress.!!! for one reason I don't even own one...

I have done 3 USA JY tours,1 Poland and 1 Austrian Lakes. I have always gone for the smart casual wear and comfy, with maybe a dressier pair of troussers and few tops for the evenining. Things that can be layerd on or off according to the temperature. A fleece and a light weight jacket.

So do I have to go shopping for a cocktail dress for my Safari next year??? just a thought.!!

Cindy

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

Yes, but make sure it's a khaki dress!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi olly

When do we hear more about the trip to memphis as there is only 3 weeks to go come this friday and although i have checked about the visa there appears to be a charge, where as we should be able to get it with no costs. Will that info be in the post soon as another fellow traveller has said not to leave it too long

Thanks

Sharon

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon,

You normally receive your final documents containing all the trip information around 2 weeks before travelling, so it should be with you in the next couple of weeks.

With regards to your electronic visa (now called an ESTA), there is currently no charge to apply for this. If you paste the link below into your browser, this will take you directly to the official US government website. The application only takes a couple of minutes providing you have your passport with you.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ 

Kind regards,

Andy, your editor

Sharon
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi olly

Thanks for that, i have managed to find the web site that does not charge for the visa

(american embassy ) and hopefully i have done it properly.It was accepted and I have a print out so am sure all is well.

Thanks again

Sharon