karent
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

i have booked on this holiday, but from what i have gathered optional extras will be offered when we arrive. I am on a tight budget and therefore i wondered if the list of additional trips/experiences could be posted or emailed to me so i could then plan accordingly. Also can you or anyone who has been on this trip suggest a daily budget for meals? (as apart from breakfast, most days we need to buy lunch and dinner daily) thank you.

Karen

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen

Prices haven't been set for 2011 optional excursions yet but I have copied in our prices for 2010 as a guide. I expect prices will be similar for your trip but bear in mind that some may change.

I would allow £20-30 a day for food and drinks, though I'm sure you could do it for less if you want to.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Rotorua

Agrodome & Rainbow Springs

Visit the Agrodome to see the displays of working sheep dogs, sheep shearing and other rural pursuits, followed by a trip to Rainbow Springs to see the giant trout and the rare, flightless Kiwi bird. Price: NZ$55.00

Mount Tarawera Volcano

Scenic flights available over volcanic Mount Tarawera, which last erupted in 1886. Price From: NZ$195.00

South Island

Mount Cook

A spectacular flight in a small plane over the breathtaking scenery of Mount Cook. Price: NZ$340.00

Fox Glacier

A fantastic helicopter flight over Fox and Franz Glacier including a landing on the ice. Price: NZ$270.00

Walter Peak Heritage Tour

A return scenic cruise Queenstown to Walter Peak High Country Farm on board the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw. During the cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak, enjoy a tour of the ship with an historian. On disembarking at Walter Peak, you are warmly welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine or orange juice and taken on a guided tour through the beautiful lakeside gardens. You are then taken into the charming Colonel’s Homestead for a hosted tasting of special Central Otago wines with a cheese and/or antipasta platter entrée. A short presentation of the heritage and history of the Walter Peak area is followed by a shortened farm tour before returning on board the TSS Earnslaw. Guests will enjoy the traditional TSS Earnslaw's sing-along around the piano on the return journey to Queenstown. Price: NZ$70.00

NB: This tour operates between October and mid April.

Dart River Safari

A cruise on the Dart River to view the wildlife. Price: NZ$199.00

Shotover Jetboat Ride

A one-hour trip which includes a jet boat ride along the Shotover River Canyon. Price: NZ$109.00

Reservations for these excursions will be accepted by your Tour Manager and payment should be made in the appropriate currency. We regret we are unable to accept payment by credit card, unless otherwise stated. Please note these tours will operate subject to minimum numbers and all prices quoted are approximate and subject to change without notice.

karent
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you this is very helpful. Karen
Gabe
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly

how many people have booked for the 24th March 2011 tour?

Has anyone booked the Fiji add on.

Thanks Gabe

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gabe

So far 11 people have booked the March 2011 departure for this tour, with none taking the add-on.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Gabe
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly

has there got to be a minimum no for this tour to go ahead or will it still go with 11 people.

Thanks

Gabe

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gabe

This tour will definitely be going ahead, so need to worry.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor