2468rosemary
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have read back Olly but there is nothing I can find to say that both bag and case can be checked in and go into hold ?? is this correct, cos I don't want to have to drag one around at the airport. I am so looking forward to my 9th Trip with JY especially this one.

Thanks Regards Rosemary

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosemary

If you are flying straight from Heathrow, you will be allowed to check in two bags, each weighing up to 23kg - so you could check in both your main suitcase and the soft-sided holdall.

However, if you are taking a flight from a regional airport to connect with the main flight (eg Newcastle - Heathrow - Kenya) you will be limited to the regional airline's limit, which is likely to be one bag weighing 20kg. To get around this, you would need to put your soft-sided holdall inside your main case and take it out when you get to Kenya.

But either way, you won't need to drag any bags around Heathrow.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if not!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

2468rosemary
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thats brilliant I am travelling direct from Heathrow. so now I understand,does it have to be a holdall can i take 2 cases ?? Otherwise there may be more expense ?? Say for example a large and a smaller case ??

Thanks Regards Rosemary

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosemary

We do prefer a holdall as we need to fit everyone's luggage into a fairly small vehicle for the safari leg of the holiday. Using these means no space is wasted. If you do need to take a hard case, I would say the smaller the better.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

2468rosemary
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks so much for all your help, it is quite small and saves spending more money, Thanks for answering all my questions,I wont need to bother you anymore

Regards Rosemary

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosemary

Don't mention it - I'm always happy to help.

Olly, your editor