Heth59
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi There

Off to Inspirational China in September. Anyone else excited but nervous!

KerrieM7
(Member)
'Heth59' wrote:

Hi There

I'm also going on this tour in September.  I feel quite nervous about it but I can't wait to get out there and see everything.  I think the excitement is winning with me at the moment!

jah39
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Heth59' wrote:

Hi There

Hallo Heth 59,  

I too am off on 19th as my Passport with Visa arrived yesterday xx . What is to be nervous about we will have a fantastic time so everybody tells me xx

Jackie  🙂 :)

Purchased Train tickets last night and will collect money tomorrow xx

Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Off to London to collect my visa on Monday. You are organised! Look forward to meeting everyone.
Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'KerrieM7' wrote:

'Heth59' wrote:

Hi There

I'm also going on this tour in September.  I feel quite nervous about it but I can't wait to get out there and see everything.  I think the excitement is winning with me at the moment!

You’re not Kerrie who was on the Western Adventure trip

last summer are you?

Angell
(Member)
Hi

I did the inspirational China trip last October. 

You will have an amazing time.

KerrieM7
(Member)
'jah39' wrote:

'Heth59' wrote:

Hi There

Hallo Heth 59,  

I too am off on 19th as my Passport with Visa arrived yesterday xx . What is to be nervous about we will have a fantastic time so everybody tells me xx

Jackie  🙂 :)

Purchased Train tickets last night and will collect money tomorrow xx

Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Angell

What sort of clothes did you pack? Not sure what to take and also currency. What form is best? So many questions!

jah39
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Heth59' wrote:

Off to London to collect my visa on Monday. You are organised! Look forward to meeting everyone.

Hi Heth 59, 

I hope they find it when you get there !!  I collected mine on Monday from the Local Sorting office to be told !!  ' Is that Willow with a W...as it is not in the W box'...I told him 'YES' and you has better find it as I am need leaving until you do !""" 10 Minutes later he found it !!!! I dare not ask him where !!  😕

KerrieM7
(Member)
'Heth59' wrote:

'KerrieM7' wrote:

'Heth59' wrote:

Hi There

You’re not Kerrie who was on the Western Adventure trip

last summer are you?

No this is my first trip with Just You.

Angell
(Member)
'Heth59' wrote:

Hi Angell

What sort of clothes did you pack? Not sure what to take and also currency. What form is best? So many questions!

Hi Heth59

I took a mixture of clothes.  Beijing was cold in the mornings and evenings.  A light jacket/fleece would be a good idea to take.  By the time we arrived in Shanghai it was warm so shorts and t-shirts would be ideal.

We were lucky the day we went to Great Wall of China as the weather was nice.

Comfy shoes is a must to take.

We didn't get a chance to change clothes every evening for the meals as a lot of the time was spent in traffic so we often went straight for our meals before going back to the hotel. There were some days where we managed to get to the hotel to freshen up before the evening meals.

The itenary has changed slightly this year. We had all the meals included and with the lunches and dinner there were 2 drinks included (either beer or a soft drink).

On 2 days we had subway for lunch which was a nice change. I'm a vegetarian and was well catered for which was great.

The acrobats show in Shanghai is fantastic. I have never seen an acrobats show like that.  I would highly recommend you go for this show.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Hope you have a great time!

Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
jah39
  • (Member)
(Member)
Moring Fellow Travellers for Inspiration China Departing 19th September.

I have just received the Finalised Schedule for the trip. So excited .....Looking forward to meeting all you fellow travellers at Heathrow next Thursday .

Safe Travels, Jackie

Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I’ve still not received any paperwork. Beginning to panic!
Vickie
(Member)
Hi Heth59,

The paperwork was sent first class post the day before yesterday, can you please let me know if you've received it now?

Thanks,

Vickie

Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Heth59,

The paperwork was sent first class post the day before yesterday, can you please let me know if you've received it now?

Thanks,

Vickie

Thank you for your help Vikki. It arrived yesterday ?

Heth59
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for your help Vikki. It arrived yesterday ?
DavidG
(Member)
Hello all,

Just come back from this trip - thankfully it has cooled down since I went in August! Most meals are now included so, unless you go mad on souveniers, you will not spend much. I took £400 equivalent and brought back some £60). As this was my second JY holiday to China I was determined not to buy more souveniers, but...

All the optional JY excursions are very worthwhile, but be 'picky' if you are going on Yangtse cruise. Only one was worthwhile - visit to gorge and fishing village ( I can't remember name but TM can advise you). Rest are overpriced and not really worth the extra.

A great holiday!