lesleymargaret
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone 

Fairly new to travelling alone, in my 70s fortunately fit ( well hopefully so for my trip in November!)

Has anyone been on this holiday, did a trip to Sri Lanka (feel so sorry for this country now)  last year with another company, again alone enjoyed it but rather a lot of long coach trips and temples!! 

Any information on this one would be gratefully received.

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I did the trip in March 2017 and really enjoyed this holiday. I particularly enjoyed the time in Cape Town, the visits to the townships and the safaris in Kruger lived up to expectations. There were some long journeys and long days but you do and see so much which makes this worthwhile. There are temples!

Hope this helps

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lesley

I did this trip with Victoria Falls add on in September 2016 and enjoyed it very much. Lots of travel and lots to see. I did a review of this trip. You will find it in the Review section. You have picked a good trip and will have a lovely time.

Regards

Jaya

flossie
(Member)
Hello Lesley, I did this trip a couple of months ago. It was my first solo long haul holiday and I just loved every minute of it. It's well planned, with lots to do and see. The other holiday makers were great company and we all got along fine. South Africa is really interesting, extremely scenic and I am sure you would have a fabulous time. Kruger at the end is good, as there are a couple of early starts. Well worth it!
Oxford Ian
(Member)
Hi flossie / everyone, I'm going to Cape Town, Kruger NP and Johannesburg in October and I'm wondering which vaccinations I will need and how long before I go to start taking them? thanks Ian
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian

It is best to check with your GPs surgery as to what vaccinations, if any, you will need. I keep the usual routine vaccinations up to date and always check if I require anything else before travelling. I did not take any malaria precautions when doing this trip, but some of the others were taking malarone. I personally did not see a single mosquito!

Best wishes

Jaya

berylw
(Member)
Hi Lesley,

I too am booked for South Africa on 5th November and also in my 70s.  I have been on a lot of JustYou holidays (13) and I have enjoyed them all especially those in far away places.

Looking forward to meeting you in the lounge at Heathrow.

Regards

Beryl