Dyuti
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, 

I am going on a tour to Iceland at the end of March. Due to the uncertainty about Brexit, I would like to get some Krona (ISK) soon. I would appreciate if someone who has been to Iceland could suggest approximately how much cash (or otherwise) money will be needed. 

Thanks.

Dyuti

SylviaJ
(Member)
'Dyuti' wrote:

Hello, 

I am going on a tour to Iceland at the end of March. Due to the uncertainty about Brexit, I would like to get some Krona (ISK) soon. I would appreciate if someone who has been to Iceland could suggest approximately how much cash (or otherwise) money will be needed. 

Thanks.

Dyuti

Hi

I've been to Iceland a few times.  The first time I took too little money, the second too much and the third about right!  So, £200 was not enough and £400 was too much.  Iceland is a very expensive country.  You'll need to work out how many meals you'll need to buy, extra excursions and any souvenirs etc and budget yourself a daily amount x the days you're away.  Credit card and debit card as back up too.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Sylvia

Dyuti
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

'Dyuti' wrote:

Hello, 

Thanks.

Dyuti

Hi

I've been to Iceland a few times.  The first time I took too little money, the second too much and the third about right!  So, £200 was not enough and £400 was too much.  Iceland is a very expensive country.  You'll need to work out how many meals you'll need to buy, extra excursions and any souvenirs etc and budget yourself a daily amount x the days you're away.  Credit card and debit card as back up too.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Sylvia

Thanks Sylvia,

I have just exchanged £100 for ISK as advised by Martin Lewis on his programme. I will keep any eye on the exchange rate and have more ISK for another £100 before I go. As usual, I will take my cards with me. 

Dyuti