sylvieann
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all....

Trying to get an understanding of how to apply for a visa for my holiday to China this year. I have a holiday booked to China on the 2nd May and I understand you have to arrange to get the Visa yourself. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes from start to finish to get a Visa from London? I was hoping to get it early as I have read you have to leave your passport with the Chinese Embassy for 4 days and I will need my passport for another holiday in April. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Sylvie :rolleyes:

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Sylvie,

So you can apply for the visa yourself, or we can do it for you via our visa service.

10 weeks before you're due to depart, we will send you information on how to get your visa, including your application form and details of how and where you can make an appointment. You then have the option to complete the application yourself and book your appointment, or you can return the application to us and we will fill it out for you and arrange your appointment.

Once you have been to your appointment it will take 4 working days for your visa to be processed and sent to you. You're correct that you will need to leave your passport at your appointment location for those 4 days.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Vickie

DavidG
(Member)
Hello Sylvie,

Probably not applicable to you but, if you over 70 the advice I was sent by the official China visa service is that you may not need to attend yourself. This is because over 70's do not need to give fingerprints. Chech with JY.

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DavidG' wrote:

Hello Sylvie,

Probably not applicable to you but, if you over 70 the advice I was sent by the official China visa service is that you may not need to attend yourself. This is because over 70's do not need to give fingerprints. Chech with JY.

Thanks David but i'm under 70 so I will have to go to London for an appointment and have have my fingerprints taken. 

Sylvie

sylvieann
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Sylvie,

So you can apply for the visa yourself, or we can do it for you via our visa service.

10 weeks before you're due to depart, we will send you information on how to get your visa, including your application form and details of how and where you can make an appointment. You then have the option to complete the application yourself and book your appointment, or you can return the application to us and we will fill it out for you and arrange your appointment.

Once you have been to your appointment it will take 4 working days for your visa to be processed and sent to you. You're correct that you will need to leave your passport at your appointment location for those 4 days.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Many Thanks Vickie for the information it was very helpful. I also understand the earliest I can apply is 3 months before the end date of my holiday eg 13 February. Just hope I have time to do it all before I go on my other holiday in April. 

Sylvie