JanS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I am considering going to Canada in June and would need an overnight hotel at Heathrow re T2.

Any suggestions?  How many people are booked on this trip.

Regards Jan

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Jan,

There are 7 people booked on this trip so far, 5 women and 2 men. Their ages range from early 50s to early 80s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie,

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in order to answer Jan’s question correctly don’t you also have to include those people booked on the ‘Canada East to West’ tour (p48 in the latest brochure) which also departs on the same day (2nd June) and follows the same eastern itinerary? Or do your numbers include those booked on both tours?

The same would apply to departures in May and September 2019 and for all 2020 departures as far as I can see from the brochure.

Likewise, ‘The Best of Canada’s West’ tour (p45) coincides with the western part of ‘Canada East to West’ - with the exception of ‘Canada’s West’ 3rd Sept 2019 departure. A couple of ‘Canada’s West’ dates in 2020 (19th May & 9th June) also coincide with the second half of the ‘Canada East to West’ tour. So in order to answer group number queries for these 3 tours correctly, I think I’m right in saying that you need to combine the total numbers for ‘Canada East to West’ and the appropriate ‘East’ or ‘West’ individual tour.

Please forgive me if you’ve already done that in answering Jan’s question!

It’s worth mentioning that, while the brochure does say ‘This Canadian adventure combines ‘Canada’s Eastern Wonders’ and ‘The Best of Canada’s West’ tours’, it doesn’t make it exactly clear that these tours will be combined on certain dates - resulting, perhaps, in far larger group numbers than customers had originally envisaged.

Mike

JohnL
  • (Member)
(Member)
I'm flying from T2 next month & have booked the new Premier Inn Heathrow Terminal 4 Sheffield Road.

It's alongside T4 connected by a walkway & I intend to use the Heathrow Connect train service from T4 to T2 in the morning. The hotel has got good reviews & was by far the cheapest on-airport but I would be interested if anyone on here has used it

JanetL22
(Member)
Hi Jan and John

A few of us stayed at Premier Inn T4 prior to our Vietnam trip in November. It was absolutely fine with good food and service (only had evening meal, not breakfast there). Beds were comfy and it was only a short walk through the undercover walkway into the main terminal

Have a great holiday

Janet

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Mike,

You're quite right - you should work here! 😉

I've redone the numbers and there are 15 people booked on this trip currently.

Thanks,

Vickie

Travellite
(Member)
'JohnL' wrote:

I'm flying from T2 next month & have booked the new Premier Inn Heathrow Terminal 4 Sheffield Road.

It's alongside T4 connected by a walkway & I intend to use the Heathrow Connect train service from T4 to T2 in the morning. The hotel has got good reviews & was by far the cheapest on-airport but I would be interested if anyone on here has used it

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ha ha Vickie! Shall I send you my CV? Ha ha!...Just a thought.

Cheers

A hopeful Mike!