GrimUpNorth
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello, I'm thinking of taking the plunge and booking my first JY holiday. Any advice or tips from someone who's been on this holiday?

Regards

Paul

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Paul,

This was my first JY tour back in 2010 and I'm about to do my 18th!  This is a very nice tour, not too hectic and a good introduction to JY.  I think both the optional excursions, to Gibraltar and the Alhambra are definitely worth it.  The only change is that you now have a trip to Malaga, which we didn't have, and this is definitely an improvement.  The hotel is ok, some don't like the food but it is reasonably standard buffet fare.  Not exceptional and not awful either.  If you buy a bottle of wine at dinner, but don't finish it, the staff with re-cork it and save it for you.  There are nice balconies in the rooms but don't let the door close behind you or you will be stuck there!  Mijas is a really lovely village and I'm sure you would enjoy free time wandering around it with the rest of the group.  The weather could be very mixed in November however!

Cheers,

Bob 

PS I really like your user name!!

Mike A
(Member)
Hi Paul, I went on this in April and had as fantastic time. I didn't do the Granada trip but for no other reason than I wanted an extra spare day and the others enjoyed it. The review I wrote at that time is under that section, (Reviews). Regards Mike
Chris84
(Member)
Hello Paul

The holiday is very easy going. The tour manager assuming its Jackie again has an infectious smile and is very well organised. There is nothing to worry about.

As far as tips go...

If you are thinking of visiting Gibraltar, you will need £ to spend not euros.

Enjoy

Chris

Mike A
(Member)
Oh yes, that's just reminded me that in a cafe in Gibraltar they gave me 3 x £1 Gibraltar pounds coins, which TOO LATE and although newly minted, were still ROUND, so I cannot spend them back here! My tip is just make sure you get UK notes and coins before you leave!