millam
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello to everyone. I'm new to Just You, I have travelled on my own before but not in a group. Not sure if I'm excited or terrified lol. I'm booked on my first trip to Lake Come on 25th June. Has anyone done this trip or booked to go?
janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Millam,

Have done this trip with another company. Same hotel and similiar To Do things. Loved the trip to Bellagio which I did on my own- beware there is quite a hill up to the main town. Lovely shops. Bernina Express was done in the snow- wonderful x

I wished that I had gone by air as this was a coach overnight both ways 😞 

Jan

intrepid traveller
(Member)
Hi, choose excited rather than terrified!!!!!   By the time you reach the hotel you will be wondering why you were terrified.  Not experienced this actual trip but did the New Year in Lake Como a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  Good hotel,  good trips,  Lake Como beautiful.  Plus the JY comeraderie - really enjoyed.  Decaf tea and coffee often seems to be in short supply in Europe so if you prefer decaf it’s probably a good idea to take. Enjoy.
millam
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'janib' wrote:

Hello Millam,

Have done this trip with another company. Same hotel and similiar To Do things. Loved the trip to Bellagio which I did on my own- beware there is quite a hill up to the main town. Lovely shops. Bernina Express was done in the snow- wonderful x

I wished that I had gone by air as this was a coach overnight both ways 😞 

Jan

Hi Jan

thanks for letting me know, I am doing the Berina Express but thought it was just a day trip? :s :s

Cheers

Margaret

millam
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Hi, choose excited rather than terrified!!!!!   By the time you reach the hotel you will be wondering why you were terrified.  Not experienced this actual trip but did the New Year in Lake Como a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  Good hotel,  good trips,  Lake Como beautiful.  Plus the JY comeraderie - really enjoyed.  Decaf tea and coffee often seems to be in short supply in Europe so if you prefer decaf it’s probably a good idea to take. Enjoy.

Thank you, I am excited and looking forward to seeing the Lakes, I've been to other parts of Italy but never been to any of the lakes.

Cheers

Margaret

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Margaret,

We took the coach upto St Moritz with time in the town for shopping- very expensive. Caught the Bernina Express to Tirano- end of line where we shopped again then coach back. All done in a day, snow was very deep up in the mountains. A wonderful experience that I loved and some great photos that I can't show here due to different company 😞 

Jan