tweety55
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi im thinking of going for the Golden Triangle tour on 15th oct 2018. Ive never travelled with Just You before and as stupid as it may sound, im nervous of being at the airport by myself.If anyone has signed up for this date would it be possible to meet up at Heathrow? It would be my worst nightmare getting on the flight in the uk then becoming totally lost in the bustling airport in India. Also it would be nice to get to know a few people before the holiday. Maybe meet in a bar or designated area.?
Jellifer
(Member)
'tweety55' wrote:

Hi im thinking of going for the Golden Triangle tour on 15th oct 2018. Ive never travelled with Just You before and as stupid as it may sound, im nervous of being at the airport by myself.If anyone has signed up for this date would it be possible to meet up at Heathrow? It would be my worst nightmare getting on the flight in the uk then becoming totally lost in the bustling airport in India. Also it would be nice to get to know a few people before the holiday. Maybe meet in a bar or designated area.?

Hi Tweety,

Welcome to the forum! I’m not on this trip but wanted to let you know that for long haul trips JY usually include a lounge pass so that the group can meet and mingle there before the flight and then walk together to the plane. If a pass isn’t provided for your trip then the tour manager will speak with you at the departure gate and arrange somewhere for the group to meet after the flight. This is usually at baggage reclaim. So please don’t worry about being on your own, book and enjoy!

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Tweety55,

I am on a similiar trip to the Golden Triangle in January with another tour group as I want to do Shimla. I have never got lost at the airports as you will be told exactly where to meet- usually in the baggage hall. There will be at least 20-25 others all carrying bags with the familiar JY luggage labels.

Have fun

Jan

Tesla
  • (Member)
(Member)
'tweety55' wrote:

Hi Tweety

I am on the tour for the 15th October. I have been travelling on my own for many years now and absolutely love it. Most tour operators are very good and make sure no one gets lost. This is especially important for me as I am visually impaired and frequently get lost just trying to find the right toilet! Just You arrange lounge passes so just look out for a woman carrying a white stick and blundering into the furniture. I’m tall and clumsy and quite hard to miss. Hope to see you there.

RUSSELL
(Member)
'tweety55' wrote:

Hi Tweety. I haven't been on this tour but you will be absolutely fine.Been on about ten long haul trips with JY and can assure you that they will look after you. Your fellow travellers, who I am sure you will meet at your departing airport, will be very supportive and friendly too. Everyone has concerns at the start but your worries will soon disappear. JY must be doing something right or I wouldn't still be travelling everywhere with them. Might go on the National parks one in October. Good luck.

Russell Kerfoot