user9832
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, only just decided the time is right to go it alone.  I plan to go somewhere in mid May this year, I've taken 2 weeks off, so I can do anytime from around 14th May.  I am totally new to this solo travelling stuff, so any recommendations or suggestions, or just general advice would be very welcomed.

Many thanks.

J

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Put your dates in the search and see what comes up. I have been on many JY tours near and far. Some very. Use ones and some more relaxing. As I have no idea what you are looking for in a tour I would suggest you have a look what’s on offer and read what is on offer.

I hope you find somewhere and you have a great time.

I can recommend, Italy, USA, New Zealand, Austria, France Battlefields, Kenya Safari, Poland.

Cindy

angela w
(Member)
Have just taken the plunge.....booked a week walking in lake garda, looks fantastic. Am feeling brave,excited & nervous all at the same time 🙂 So if there is a holiday that excites you, get it booked. Good luck.

Aw

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

Browse online or in the brochure, pick a destination you always wanted to visit, take the plunge and book it. There are so many choices for both short haul and long haul destinations that you are bound to find something of interest.

Kind regards

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello J,

You need to find out if there are any holidays left in May. Best advice is to ring and ask. Sometimes there is availability depending on hotel rooms or airplane seats. I have found that it is easier to ring and then they can ring you back after they have spoken to the suppliers. I had this problem with Carcassone one year- hotel was somewhere else and more expensive. I did not go and was most disappointed.

Jan

user9832
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you all. I haven't managed to do any more research yet as I need to go to the library to use their computers. Whatever happens I will definitely be going somewhere, anywhere! In May 🙂
jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good luck with your research. You could always ask for a brochure to be sent - even in the day of doing everything online I still love browsing a brochure.
user9832
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I got a brochure from Coop Travel, the woman there said I would probably be a bit young for it. I'm 48, a pretty young 48, wonder if I would be too young?
jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Please,please don't be put off by such an ill informed statement (which actually makes me angry on your behalf).  As Rose says the age range can be quite wide on some of these holidays.  Yes the predominant age range particularly on European holidays is 60-late 70's women BUT I have been out walked, out drunk and heard amazing anecdotes from many of my fellow travellers.  Indeed a lady I met on my first JY holiday joined me in Burma at the age of 79 and had the previous year been on the Namibia trip. Age is a state of mind not a number, come and join us.
katy1717
(Member)
Hi, as the others have said, the age range is very variable.  I've recently booked to go on the Picturesque Portugal trip in May.  I asked a couple of weeks ago, how many had already booked and the age range for this trip - was told, IIRC, 12 already booked and age range early 30s to early 70s.   You can ask Julia/Amy on here for this detail on any of the trips you like the look of.  

Katy

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
How rude for the Co-op lady 😠 

Jan

Chris84
(Member)
'user9832' wrote:

I got a brochure from Coop Travel, the woman there said I would probably be a bit young for it. I'm 48, a pretty young 48, wonder if I would be too young?

You are certainly not too young. 

I am a bit younger than your, and have been on a couple of JY holidays now, If I had felt too young on my first holiday I wouldn't have booked my second, third, fourth and fifth trips. 

Select a destination you like the look off and book it. You biggest concern should be which of the many holidays to choose from, not a number. 

The Coop woman is misinformed.    

Chris